This coffee rub for steak recipe is an incredibly flavored seasoning for any cut of steak. It delivers almost a crust on the steak once cooked that is filled with rich, complex flavors that will have you looking forward to the next bite. It is the perfect seasoning for grilling, pan-to-oven method or air fryer steak.
Coffee Rub for Steak Recipe
Coffee Rub Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee beans
- 5 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons mustard powder
- ¾ teaspoon finely ground red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Coffee Rub Recipe Directions
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Season steaks with salt, then coat with 1 Tablespoon coffee rub per steak (save any extra rub for your next steak).
- Allow seasoning to rest on steaks at room temperature for at least 30-minutes. The longer it rests, the more flavor it will create!
- Cook using your favorite method.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes. Slice ½” thick.