This Air Fryer Ribeye Steak is deliciously tender with a perfectly seasoned crust.
Typically, we grill our steak; however, the weather lately has been a bit unpredictable.
Thunder and rain rolled in this afternoon, and rather than standby for it to pass, I gave the ribeye steaks coating of coffee rub and cooked them under the Mealthy CrispLid for incredible flavor.
I’m calling this one the Best Air Fryer Ribeye Steak recipe!
This recipe is easy and delicious.
It’s a delicious pairing with Air Fryer Crispy Brussels Sprouts.
We offer 5 Tips for Using Your Air Fryer if you’re new to air fryers.
You may also want to check out my Pinterest Air Fryer board for more great recipes like this air fryer brussels sprouts recipe!
Air Fryer Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Steak
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 9 minutes
Resting Time: 5 minutes
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks (about 1/2 inch thick each)
- 1 tablespoon Coffee Rub for Steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
How to Make Air Fryer Ribeye Steak:
Rub the Steaks:
- Begin by patting dry the ribeye steaks using paper towels.
- Season both sides of the steaks with the Coffee Rub for Steak and kosher salt. Make sure to coat the steaks evenly for maximum flavor.
- Allow the steaks to rest at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. The longer they rest with the rub on, the more flavorful they will be.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes. This ensures the air fryer is hot and ready for cooking.
Arrange the Steaks:
- After preheating, open the air fryer basket and arrange the seasoned steaks in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the steaks in batches to avoid overcrowding.
Set the Timer:
- Set the timer for approximately 9 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary based on the thickness of your steaks. Ensure the internal temperature of the steaks reads at least 145°F (63°C) for safe consumption.
Note: time may vary depending on the thickness of the steaks (mine were 1/2 inches in thickness).
Let the Steaks Rest:
- Once the cooking time is up, carefully remove the air fryer basket from the machine and use tongs to transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board.
- Place one tablespoon of unsalted butter on each steak and allow them to rest for at least 5 minutes. This resting time helps the juices redistribute within the meat, ensuring a tender and flavorful result.
Serve and Enjoy:
- After resting, slice the Air Fryer Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Steaks against the grain for the best texture and presentation.
- Serve the steaks with your favorite sides or accompaniments and enjoy a delicious and perfectly cooked meal!
- For a bolder coffee flavor, you can increase the amount of Coffee Rub for Steak used.
- Adjust the cooking time based on your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches your preferred level.
- If you want to make the Coffee Rub for Steak from scratch, you can mix ground coffee, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to create a flavorful rub.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Air Fryer Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Steak
1. Can I use a different cut of steak for this recipe? Absolutely! While ribeye steaks are known for their marbling and tenderness, you can use other cuts like strip loin or sirloin if you prefer. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the steak.
2. How do I know when the steak is cooked to my desired level of doneness? Using a meat thermometer is the most accurate way to determine the doneness of the steak. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should reach at least 145°F (63°C). Adjust the cooking time if you prefer a different level of doneness.
3. Can I make the Coffee Rub for Steak in advance? Certainly! You can prepare the Coffee Rub for Steak ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It should stay fresh for several weeks. Having the rub ready in advance will save time when making this recipe.
4. Can I cook more than two steaks at a time in the air fryer? The number of steaks you can cook at once depends on the size of your air fryer and the capacity of its basket. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket, as this may lead to uneven cooking. If needed, cook the steaks in batches for the best results.
5. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter? Yes, you can use salted butter if that’s what you have on hand. Just be mindful of the overall salt content in the recipe, as the butter will contribute some saltiness in addition to the kosher salt used in the rub.
6. How long should I rest the steaks after cooking? Allow the steaks to rest for at least 5 minutes after cooking. This resting time allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a juicier and more flavorful steak.
7. Can I customize the Coffee Rub for Steak to suit my taste preferences? Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the quantities of the rub’s ingredients to suit your taste. You can add more or less coffee, adjust the level of spiciness, or experiment with other spices to create a rub that complements your palate.
8. Can I use a frozen ribeye steak in the air fryer? While it’s possible to cook frozen steaks in the air fryer, it’s generally recommended to thaw the steaks first for more even and predictable cooking. Thaw the steaks in the refrigerator before seasoning and cooking.
9. What side dishes go well with Air Fryer Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Steak? You can pair the steak with various side dishes like roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, a crisp green salad, or garlic butter mushrooms. The choice of sides is entirely up to your personal preferences.
10. Can I use the same recipe for grilling the steaks instead of using the air fryer? Yes, you can! The Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Steaks can be grilled over medium-high heat until they reach your desired level of doneness. The rub and butter will add great flavors to the grilled steaks as well.
You may also enjoy these air fryer recipes.
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks (I cut mine in half for four pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon Coffee Rub for Steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Rub steaks with coffee rub and salt. Allow the steaks to rest at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. The longer they rest with the rub on, the more flavorful they will be!
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- Arrange steaks in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set timer for about 9 minutes for medium-rare doneness. The internal temperature should read at least 145°F. Note time may vary depending on the thickness of steaks (mine were 1/2-inches in thickness)
Remove CrispLid to the silicone mat to reveal beautiful air fryer ribeye.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and put half the butter on each steak. Allow the steaks to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 25g
The Nutritional Information may not be accurate.