Pineapple Frosting. It has so many possibilities. Pineapple is one of the world’s healthiest foods.
Fun Fact: The pineapple “fruit” is not really a fruit at all but is a mass of individual berries fused to the central stalk. This is why the “fruit” has leaves on top. They are actually the continued growth of the stalk beyond where the berries are attached. Pineapples are not grown from seed.
This easy pineapple frosting recipe is tasty and has possibilities. Make it per the directions, or add drained crushed pineapple for a different, but fun texture! The recipe makes frosting that’s light and creamy, perfect for yellow cake, 7-Up cake, pound cake and more! We recommend this frosting on Pina Colada Cupcakes.
Pineapple Frosting Ingredients:
Pineapple Frosting Directions:
- 1 tub pineapple cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 T Rum (optional)
- Beat cream cheese and butter on high-speed w/electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Slowly (while on low-speed) add powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Add rum and continue whipping on high-speed until light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a large round tip and frost cupcakes.
Top this pineapple frosting with toasted coconut and/or garnish with fresh pineapple!