Some people like to drink a bottle of wine, some prefer to make jelly with it, and still, there are those of us who like the benefits of sipping the wine while making the jelly.
Dust off the cutting board and make an amazing cheese board with a side of this Sangria Jelly. It’s fruity, spicy and just the right amount of sweet. It’s a unique and tasty spread that’s easy to make and sure to be enjoyed.
I love this Sangria Jelly on crackers with cream cheese. It makes an amazing peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It’s delightful in thumbprint cookies. Really, I could just eat it by the spoon out of the jar!
You can learn all about the history of sangria, or just start making the jelly! It’s up to you!
Sangria Jelly Recipe
Sangria Jelly Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 1/2 cups sangria (I used the cheap stuff in a box…)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 box Sure-Jell
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
Sangria Jelly Recipe Directions
- Combine wine, lemon juice, and pectin in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim foam off top, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch head-space. Tighten 2 piece lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.