The official sponsor of the Tribeca Film Festival, illy, called upon Master Barista Giorgio Milos in honor of the film, Chef, starring Jon Favreau and an A-List group of co-stars. This original coffee drink combines the classic Cafe Cubano and its Robusta beans with sugar during brewing to balance the bitter, astringent flavors with a wingman of ultra-high-temperature milk.
Milos calls this coffee drink El Jefe. Using 100 percent Arabica beans and fresh organic milk, it’s a coffee drink you’ll savor.
illy El Jefe Coffee Recipe Ingredients:
- 2oz espresso shots (2 shots of espresso)
- 2oz hot whole milk (Warmed, not steamed)
- 5g white sugar (2 illy sugar packets)
How to Make illy El Jefe Coffee
- Put the sugar into a cup
- Pull a double shot over the sugar
- Steam milk, no foam
- Pour milk gently into a cup
Total drink volume 4oz
Serving: Cappuccino cup 5.5oz + saucer. Spoon optional