This Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint recipe is a show-stopper. It’s the best of all worlds. The tasty peanut butter cookie and Briana’s Homemade Sangria Jelly. It all comes together for the best cookie craving. They look beautiful and taste delicious!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup jam (we like Homemade Sangria Jelly)
How to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat peanut butter and butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugars, and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Scoop level tablespoons of dough and form into balls.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies is puffy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and make indentations in centers by pressing with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- Return to oven, and bake until edges are golden, 6 to 7 minutes more.
- Transfer sheets to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Heat jam in a small saucepan, stirring, until loosened, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each indentation.
- Cookies can be stored in a single layer for up to 1 week.