There is nothing quite like a fresh peach in season. It’s sweet and tart. I also recognize that a hundred or so years ago, canning was invented and that taste, while still not the same, is preserved. It’s a wonderful treat, a tasty peach cobbler. Serve it warm, add a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream. Mmmm…it’s one of my favorites.
While I would recommend fresh peaches for this recipe, I can attest that frozen sliced peaches (thawed) will work just fine.
If you are using fresh peaches, to peel quickly and easily, fill the inner pot of your Instant Pot halfway with water. Set your Instant Pot to saute on Normal.
When the water is boiling, use tongs to dunk each peach in the water for 10-20 seconds or until the skin starts to split. Quickly plunge the peach in a bowl of ice water.
Use your fingers to peel the skin off the peaches.
Instant Pot Lip-Smacking Peach Cobbler Recipe Ingredients:
- 2.5 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed (or 5 peaches peeled and sliced)
- 6 cup round souffle dish, bottom and sides buttered
- steam rack
- 1.5 cups all-purpose baking mix (such as Bisquick or this homemade one)
- 1/2-cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
Instant Pot Lip-Smacking Peach Cobbler Recipe Directions:
- Arrange peaches, with any accumulated juices in the prepared souffle dish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking mix, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and nutmeg. Whisk in milk just until moistened and a few lumps remain. Pour evenly over peaches.
- Add 1.5 cups hot water to the inner pot and place the steam rack in the pot. Place a crisscross foil sling on the rack and place the souffle dish in the sling on the rack and place the souffle dish in the sling
- Close and lock the lid and turn the steam release handle to sealing. Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook on High for 20-minutes
- When the cooking time is done, press Cancel and let stand, covered, for 10-minutes, then turn the steam release handle to venting. When the float valve drops down, remove the lid and foil. A tester inserted in the center of the cobbler should come out clean (If more cooking time is needed, continue pressure cooking on High for 2-minutes, then quickly release the pressure)
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler with rack about 7 inches from the heat.
- Using the foil sling, remove the dish from the pot. Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar. Broil for about 5 minutes or until topping is browned. Let cool on the rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
Appears on page 175, 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook
Excerpted from 5-Ingredient Instant Pot Cookbook by Marilyn Haugen © 2018 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca May not be reprinted without publisher permission.