Indulge in a wholesome breakfast ritual and kickstart your day with a comforting bowl of Instant Pot Classic Oatmeal. This delightful morning treat brings you the perfect blend of convenience and taste, thanks to the ingenious Instant Pot cooking method.
With the Instant Pot, preparing oatmeal becomes a breeze, allowing you to enjoy a hands-off cooking experience. Gone are the days of tending to the stovetop, as the Instant Pot takes care of everything for you. Simply add the ingredients, set the timer, and let the magic happen. Although it won’t reduce your cooking time significantly, it unquestionably spares you the hassles that come with traditional oatmeal preparation.
It’s not just any breakfast; it’s a healthy delight backed by Harvard‘s approval. As one of the best whole grains, classic oatmeal is renowned for its nutritional value and numerous health benefits. Packed with essential nutrients and dietary fiber, this breakfast choice provides you with sustained energy and keeps you feeling full throughout the morning.
Moreover, this Instant Pot Classic Oatmeal is more than just nutritious; it’s a burst of creamy and satisfying flavors. The tender texture and subtle sweetness will delight your taste buds and leave you feeling content and nourished. Whether you prefer it plain or enjoy adding your favorite toppings like fruits, nuts, or honey, this oatmeal easily adapts to your personal tastes, making it a versatile morning favorite.
So, make every morning a delightful journey with this easy and delicious Instant Pot Classic Oatmeal. Experience the joy of a hearty breakfast that not only nurtures your body but also streamlines your daily routine, allowing you to savor more precious moments as you embark on a productive and fulfilling day.
Instant Pot Oatmeal: Your Effortless Path to Delicious Mornings
Oatmeal, a timeless breakfast favorite, has been prepared in various ways over the years – from stovetop to microwave, slow-cooker to overnight oats. But now, the Instant Pot takes oatmeal preparation to a whole new level of simplicity and satisfaction, making it a culinary adventure worth looking forward to.
Say goodbye to the instant quick oats oatmeal packets that offer convenience but compromise on flavor and texture. Embrace the goodness of classic old-fashioned oatmeal prepared effortlessly in the Instant Pot, where every spoonful becomes a warm embrace of comfort and nourishment.
Remember how I promised this recipe would save you the hassle of cooking oatmeal? Well, it’s time to revel in the convenience it brings. Unlike stovetop or microwave methods that demand your watchful eye and constant stirring, the Instant Pot handles the cooking with ease. No more worrying about bubbling over or messy clean-ups – simply set it and forget it.
Whether you’re crafting a solitary breakfast or hosting a brunch for friends and family, whip up a large batch of Instant Pot oatmeal to have on hand throughout the week. Store it in the refrigerator, and whenever you crave a hearty bowl, warm it up to relish the delightful flavors all over again. The best part? It stays fresh for up to 5 days, making busy mornings a breeze.
If you desire ultimate meal-prep convenience, consider freezing individual portions of this delectable oatmeal. Simply reheat in the microwave, and if the oats need a little loosening, add a splash of milk to bring back that creamy goodness.
Even HuffPost can attest to the brilliance of this method, providing a guide on how to freeze oatmeal for your future enjoyment.
So, step into a world of oatmeal excellence with the Instant Pot, where every morning starts with a satisfying and wholesome bowl. Embrace the ease, the flavor, and the freedom of hassle-free breakfasts, and unlock the secret to delighting in this beloved classic like never before.
Instant Pot Classic Oatmeal:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Natural Release: 10 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
How to Make Classic Instant Pot Oatmeal
- In a 2-cup, heat-proof bowl, combine the old-fashioned rolled oats, salt, water (or milk), and butter.
- Add 2 cups of hot water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot and place the trivet that came with your Instant Pot in the pot.
- Place the heatproof bowl on the trivet, ensuring it is stable.
- Optionally, create a sling with aluminum foil or a silicone sling for easy removal of the bowl at the end of cooking.
- Close and lock the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position.
- Set your Instant Pot to pressure cook/Manual on High for 7 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow a natural release for about 10 minutes, or until the float valve drops down, then carefully remove the lid.
- The oatmeal should have a creamy consistency. If you prefer a creamier texture, decrease the oats to 1/4 cup and increase the water or milk to 3/4 cup.**
- If you find the oatmeal requires more cooking time, continue pressure cooking on High for 1 minute, then quickly release the pressure.
- If using Quick-Cooking Oats instead of old-fashioned rolled oats, replace the quantity and decrease the cooking time to ONE minute.
For Creamier Oatmeal: To achieve a creamier texture, you may reduce the amount of oats to 1/4 cup and increase the water or milk to 3/4 cup.
Enjoy a comforting and wholesome bowl of Instant Pot Classic Oatmeal to kickstart your day with ease. Customize the recipe to your desired texture, and savor the delightful flavors that this simple breakfast dish has to offer. Whether it’s a quick morning meal for yourself or a warm treat for family and friends, the Instant Pot delivers the perfect oatmeal every time.
Ideas for oatmeal toppings!
Oatmeal is a breakfast that can be customized with toppings.
Here are some of our favorite classic oatmeal toppings:
Ideas for Delicious Oatmeal Toppings!
Oatmeal, the versatile and beloved breakfast staple, provides the perfect canvas for a delightful array of toppings. Whether you prefer a classic combination or a creative twist, the options are endless.
Here are some of our favorite oatmeal toppings that are sure to elevate your morning meal:
1. Banana Slices: Sweet, creamy, and loaded with potassium, banana slices add a natural sweetness and a delightful texture to your oatmeal.
2. Toasted Walnuts: Crunchy and rich in healthy fats, toasted walnuts bring a nutty flavor and a satisfying bite to your bowl.
3. Maple Syrup: Drizzle some pure maple syrup over your oatmeal for a touch of natural sweetness that complements the oats perfectly.
4. Peanut Butter: Creamy and indulgent, peanut butter blends beautifully with oatmeal, giving it a heavenly nutty taste.
5. Habanero Strawberry Preserves: For the adventurous souls, habanero strawberry preserves offer a sweet and spicy kick, adding an exciting twist to your oats.
6. Fresh Blueberries: Bursting with antioxidants and refreshing juiciness, fresh blueberries infuse your oatmeal with a burst of vibrant flavors.
7. Lemon Zest: Add a zing of citrusy brightness with lemon zest, creating a refreshing and aromatic oatmeal experience.
8. Almond Butter: Swap out peanut butter with almond butter for a unique and slightly sweet flavor profile.
9. Cinnamon: A classic spice that pairs beautifully with oatmeal, cinnamon provides warmth and depth to every spoonful.
10. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: Nutty and crunchy, roasted pumpkin seeds lend a delightful texture and a dose of nutrients to your breakfast.
11. Dried Cherries: Sweet, chewy, and bursting with flavor, dried cherries bring a burst of fruity goodness to your oatmeal.
12. Honey: Drizzle some golden honey over your oatmeal for natural sweetness and a touch of floral notes.
13. Toasted Almonds: Enhance the nuttiness by sprinkling toasted almonds over your oats, creating a delightful contrast in textures.
14. Greek Yogurt: Creamy and tangy Greek yogurt adds a rich and protein-packed element to your oatmeal.
- Use Almond Milk: For a dairy-free option, swap traditional milk with almond milk. Almond milk’s delicate flavor won’t scorch during cooking, ensuring a smooth and creamy result.
- Perfect Ratio: Use a 2 to 1 ratio of liquid to oats for a balanced and satisfying oatmeal. For example, 2 cups of liquid (water or milk) to 1 cup of oats.
- Scaling the Recipe: If you need to prepare larger batches, double or quadruple the recipe by increasing the size of the heatproof bowl. Ensure the bowl is only half full to allow for proper cooking.
- Foil Sling for Easy Lifting: If needed, use a crisscross foil sling to help you lift the heatproof bowl out of the Instant Pot with ease.
- Coconut Milk Tip: When using coconut milk, replace only 1/3 of the water with coconut milk to maintain a balanced consistency and flavor.
Explore these delightful oatmeal topping ideas and tailor them to your taste preferences. Whether you crave a sweet, savory, or spicy combination, oatmeal serves as the perfect blank canvas to craft a breakfast masterpiece that will leave you energized and satisfied all morning long.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Instant Pot Classic Oatmeal:
1. Can I use quick-cooking oats instead of old-fashioned rolled oats? Yes, you can use quick-cooking oats as a substitute. However, make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. With quick-cooking oats, decrease the pressure cooking time to ONE minute for optimal results.
2. Can I customize the sweetness of the oatmeal? Absolutely! The beauty of oatmeal lies in its versatility. You can adjust the sweetness by using more or less of the optional toppings like maple syrup, honey, or fruit preserves. Additionally, consider decreasing the quantity of oats and increasing the water or milk for a creamier and less sweet oatmeal.
3. How can I store leftover oatmeal? If you have any leftover oatmeal, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly refrigerated, it can last up to 5 days. Before serving the leftover oatmeal, simply reheat it in the microwave, and if it appears too thick, add a splash of milk to reach your desired consistency.
4. Can I freeze the oatmeal for future use? Yes, you can freeze oatmeal for meal-prep convenience. Divide the leftover oatmeal into individual portions and store them in freezer-safe containers or zip-top bags. When you’re ready to enjoy them, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the microwave. Adding a splash of milk during reheating can help achieve the desired texture.
5. Is it possible to make this recipe vegan-friendly? Certainly! To make this oatmeal recipe vegan-friendly, use plant-based milk like almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk instead of dairy milk. Swap the butter for a vegan butter substitute or omit it altogether. The toppings can also be adjusted based on your vegan preferences.
6. Can I double or quadruple the recipe to feed a larger group? Yes, you can easily scale up the recipe to accommodate a larger number of servings. Increase the quantity of ingredients proportionally and ensure you use a heatproof bowl that holds twice the volume of your ingredients. Make sure the bowl is only half full to allow for proper cooking.
7. My oatmeal turned out too thick. How can I adjust the consistency? If you find your oatmeal is too thick for your liking, simply add more water or milk and stir until you achieve the desired consistency. Remember that oatmeal thickens as it cools, so adjust the liquid accordingly before serving.
8. Can I add other toppings or fruits to this oatmeal? Absolutely! The suggested toppings are just a starting point. Feel free to experiment and add your favorite fruits, nuts, seeds, or even a drizzle of chocolate sauce for a special treat. The options for customizing your oatmeal are endless.
9. Can I use the Instant Pot without the trivet when making oatmeal? Using the trivet elevates the heatproof bowl above the water, allowing for even cooking. If you don’t have the trivet, you can try using a heatproof bowl directly in the Instant Pot. However, be cautious as direct contact with the bottom of the pot may lead to uneven cooking or scorching.
10. Can I cook steel-cut oats in the Instant Pot using this recipe? This specific recipe is designed for old-fashioned rolled oats. If you want to make steel-cut oats in the Instant Pot, you’ll need to adjust the cooking time and liquid ratios. Steel-cut oats typically require a longer cooking time than rolled oats. Look for specific Instant Pot recipes tailored for steel-cut oats for best results.
Enjoy your delicious Instant Pot Classic Oatmeal and feel free to experiment with different toppings and variations to create your perfect morning bowl!