I love summer because it slows down just enough for me to actually indulge in reading. I can sit outside with the kiddos and just get lost in the pages of a great book. I just finished reading The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown by Claire Ridgway and loved it. I have a list of books I’m eager to get too.
To help your list along, Better World Books, the sustainable online book store, put together a list of the top 10 book series of all time.
10. Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House series–My kiddos absolutely love this series!
9. The Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle
8. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins–I‘ve read it three times now and can’t get enough!
7. Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series–my husband’s favorite, but not one I could get into.
6. The Tomorrow series by John Marsden
5. L. M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables series
4. Lord of the Rings trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien–Jake and the hubby loved this series.
3. The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis
2. Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander Series
1. Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling–Every kiddo at my house is into this series!
What do you think? Do you think that Shades of Grey or Twilight should have a spot on the list? If you’ve read Shades of Grey share your thoughts. I heard the writing isn’t too fantastic.
So save a little bit when you’re buying books off your kid’s summer reading list, and buy something for yourself. Better World Books is reducing the price on a huge selection of books. You can get 20% off 3 or more used books – just go to www.BetterWorldBooks.com and use the code STARTSUMMER12.