Introducing the Home Chef Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake Recipe!
Indulge in the rich flavors of our delectable Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake, a mouthwatering dish that will tantalize your taste buds. Crafted with care and expertise, this recipe combines earthy cremini mushrooms, aromatic shallots and garlic, and the subtle sweetness of Marsala wine. It’s a culinary masterpiece that will leave you craving for more!
I received a Home Chef meal in exchange for this post. My love for cooking, good food, and all opinions are my own.
Our Home Chef Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake Review
On weekdays, cooking seems to be the furthest thing from my mind.
I want easy after a long day away from home, but I also want to make a meal that makes my family feel like coming to the dinner table.
Home Chef made that happen this week.
It’s a meal delivery service that delivers dinner right to your door.
Inside the box, are the ingredients to make an amazing meal in a short time.
We opened the box to reveal what Mom selected from the Home Chef Website to have delivered on the day I chose.
The kiddos were excited to try something new.
I love all things Marsala, so I took one for the team and ordered the Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake.
Once they saw what for dinner, they went about their play, and I began unpacking the Home Chef box.
The ingredients are wrapped and packed with ice packs to keep the food fresh until you get home to unpack it.
Home Chef meals are two servings, so I ordered the Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake twice to give me a meal for the four of us.
I also added two seasonal fruit baskets to my Home Chef order.
We received apples, pears, and oranges.
My husband ate the orange and said it was the best orange he’s had in a while.
The pears went with me to work and the kiddos feasted on the apples and loved their crunch and juicy sweetness.
The picture depicts ONE Home Chef Fruit Basket.
But back to dinner.
Each Home Chef delivery includes a Meal Prep card.
It has all the information needed to make your meal successful.
The back includes your recipe, complete with step-by-step instructions and colored photographs.
The front tells you what is in your box.
In my meal box the following was included: (x2 because I ordered double)
Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 10 ounces Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 fluid ounces Marsala Wine
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Base
- 2 ounces Spinach
- 0.6 ounces butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 ounce Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 ounce Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 10 ounces Gemelli Pasta
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your broiler for a perfect finishing touch.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, ready for cooking the gemelli pasta.
- Thoroughly rinse the produce and pat it dry to ensure freshness.
- Prepare a 9 by 13″ casserole dish by lightly coating it with cooking spray, ensuring a non-stick experience.
- Now, it’s time to get cooking! Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced cremini mushrooms, finely diced shallot, and minced garlic cloves to the pan. Sauté them until the mushrooms are tender and golden brown.
- Pour in the Marsala wine and vegetable base, allowing the flavors to meld together. Simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the meantime, cook the gemelli pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Remember to reserve 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water before draining.
- Combine the cooked pasta, Marsala mushroom mixture, and reserved pasta water in the prepared casserole dish. Mix everything together gently.
- Dot the top of the dish with small pieces of butter and sprinkle grated Parmesan and shredded Swiss cheese evenly over the pasta.
- Slide the casserole dish under the broiler, keeping a close eye on it. Remove promptly once the cheese turns golden and bubbly.
- Serve the Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake while it’s still piping hot and enjoy the explosion of flavors with every bite.
While You Cook:
- For the best results, use a 9 by 13″ casserole dish.
- Remember to reserve 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water before draining the pasta. It adds a velvety texture to the dish.
- While broiling, pay close attention to prevent burning. Remove the pan immediately if you notice any blackening.
At Home Chef, they strive to bring gourmet experiences to your kitchen. Our Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake Recipe is a testament to our commitment to culinary excellence. Prepare to be amazed as you embark on a gastronomic journey with this sensational dish!
Below this you will find a While You Cook Section:
And finally, a “Did you know…” area, which made a wonderful dinner conversation.
Now, it is time to cook!
Cook the Pasta
Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, 12-13 minutes.
Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
Drain pasta in a colander.
While pasta cooks prepare ingredients.
Prepare the Ingredients.
Cut mushrooms into 1/4″ slices.
Peel and mince shallot.
Cook the mushrooms.
Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat with 2 tsp olive oil.
Add mushrooms to the hot pan and cook undisturbed until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
Stir often until soft, 2-3 minutes.
Add shallot and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add Marsala, bring to a simmer, and cook until evaporated, 3-4 minutes.
Finish the pasta.
To the pan with mushrooms stir in pasta water and vegetable base.
Bring to a simmer and add pasta.
Add Parmesan cheese.
Cook, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes.
Remove from burner and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bake the Pasta.
Transfer pasta to the prepared casserole dish.
You may also use a cast iron pan.
Top pasta with Swiss cheese.
Broil until cheese is browned and bubbling, 2-3 minutes.
Remove from broiler.
Place the Dish.
Scoop Pasta onto a plate.
Get ready for compliments!
My family absolutely LOVED the Home Chef Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake.
It was loaded with texture and flavor.
Every member of my family wanted to know if there was more.
When it was gone, they asked when we were having it again.
I love that Home Chef makes cooking easy, with great ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
Every night should be so good!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Home Chef Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake Recipe:
- Can I use a different type of mushroom? Yes, you can substitute cremini mushrooms with other varieties like button mushrooms or portobello mushrooms. However, keep in mind that different mushrooms may impart slightly different flavors to the dish.
- Can I use a different type of wine instead of Marsala? While Marsala wine adds a unique flavor profile to this recipe, you can experiment with other fortified wines like Madeira or sherry. Just note that the taste may vary slightly.
- Is there a vegetarian option for this recipe? Absolutely! This recipe is vegetarian-friendly as it doesn’t contain any meat or meat-based ingredients. It’s a perfect choice for vegetarian households or those looking to enjoy a meatless meal.
- Can I use gluten-free pasta? Yes, if you prefer a gluten-free option, you can use gluten-free gemelli or any other gluten-free pasta variety. Just follow the cooking instructions on the packaging and adjust the cooking time if needed.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? Yes, you can partially prepare this recipe in advance. You can sauté the mushrooms and prepare the Marsala mixture ahead of time. Keep them refrigerated separately. When you’re ready to serve, cook the pasta, assemble the dish, and broil it. This way, you can save time on the day of serving.
- How long does this dish keep in the refrigerator? The Marsala Mushroom Gemelli Bake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, keep in mind that the texture of the pasta may change slightly upon reheating.
- Can I freeze this dish? We do not recommend freezing this dish, as the pasta and cheese may not retain their optimal texture after thawing and reheating.
- Can I add additional ingredients or modify the recipe? Feel free to get creative and add your own personal touch! You can experiment with additional vegetables, herbs, or spices to enhance the flavors. However, make sure the modifications do not affect the overall balance and cooking process.
- Is this recipe suitable for a large group? The recipe is designed to serve a standard-sized portion. If you’re cooking for a larger group, you can easily double or triple the quantities of ingredients and use a larger casserole dish to accommodate more servings.
- How can I adjust the recipe to make it healthier? To make the dish healthier, you can reduce the amount of butter or use a healthier oil alternative. You can also opt for low-fat or reduced-sodium cheese options and add more vegetables for added nutritional value.
Alternative Names for this Recipe:
- Mushroom Marsala Pasta Bake
- Creamy Marsala Mushroom Gemelli
- Cheesy Mushroom Marsala Delight
- Marsala Spinach and Mushroom Pasta
- Savory Marsala Mushroom Casserole
- Marsala Infused Cheesy Gemelli
- Mushroom Marsala Bake with Swiss Cheese
- Marsala Mushroom Spinach Pasta Gratin
- Marsala Mushroom Twist on Gemelli
- Creamy Swiss Mushroom Marsala Pasta.
- 6 oz Gemelli Pasta
- 10 oz Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 fl oz. Marsala Wine
- 2 tsp Vegetable Base
- 2 oz Spinach
- 0.6 oz butter
- 1 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Oz. Shredded Swiss Cheese
Before you Cook:
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start-we promise it will be time well-spent.
- Preheat the broiler
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Thoroughly rinse produce and pat dry
- Prepare a casserole dish with cooking spray
- For best results, use a 9" by 13" casserole dish
- Make sure to reserve 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water before draining pasta
- Don't text and broil! Pay close attention while the pasta is in the broiler. If cheese or pasta starts to turn black, remove the pan immediately.
Cook the Pasta
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, 12-13 minutes.
Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta in a colander.
- While pasta cooks prepare ingredients.
Cook the mushrooms.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat with 2 tsp olive oil.
- Add mushrooms to the hot pan and cook undisturbed until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir often until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add shallot and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add Marsala, bring to a simmer, and cook until evaporated, 3-4 minutes.
Finish the pasta.
- To the pan with mushrooms stir in pasta water and vegetable base.
- Bring to a simmer and add pasta.
- Add spinach.
- Add butter.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from burner and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bake the Pasta.
- Transfer pasta to the prepared casserole dish.
- You may also use a cast iron pan.
- Top pasta with Swiss cheese. Broil until cheese is browned and bubbling, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from broiler.
- Place the Dish. Scoop Pasta onto a plate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 675mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
The Nutritional Information may not be accurate.