The first sip to the last is perfection with this Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe!
Sure, Donuts is in their name, but did you know Dunkin Donuts is actually a coffee company?
Coffee statistics say more than 30 cups of the chain’s coffee is sold every second–that 1.7 billion cups of coffee per year!
Not just that, but there are more than 15,000 ways to order a single cup of coffee–think syrups, sweeteners, turbo shots, and more.
The company also has professional coffee tasters, who average roughly 200 cups of joe per day–that’s a commitment to quality.
As a coffee lover, you may also enjoy this iced coffee recipe.
It’s a cup of joe that makes for a refreshing drink.
Switch gears as the heat climb brew yourself your favorite flavor of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and turn that mug into a tall tumbler of iced coffee!
The American global coffee house, Dunkin’ Donuts, has turned our love for all things coffee into iced coffee.
We now seem to like our coffee cold.
Regardless of how we like our coffee, there are many benefits to drinking coffee, especially iced coffee.
According to Nature.com, Cold coffee actually has less acid, making it more flavorful.
It may be easier with a Keurig to make your own iced coffee.
It all plays out in the coffee grounds.
Once the grounds are placed in hot water, they release oils that are composed primarily of acidic compounds, making our coffee more bitter.
Fun Fact: The United States consumes a quarter of the world’s coffee.
Coffee is the second-largest import, only behind oil.
By some estimates, 10 percent of the world’s population gets all or part of their pay from coffee.
Coffee has taken over the world as the second-highest commodity with more people consuming coffee than they are consuming water.
It’s your favorite brand of indulgence, cooled down into a refreshing glass of Joe!
I tried making it with other coffee brands but it didn’t taste like dunkin’ original iced coffee.
I recommend using the dunkin donuts coffee brand if you are seeking the best iced coffee recipe ever!
Use this Dunkin donuts iced coffee recipe as a basic foundation.
Dunkin recently expanded their iced coffee drinks and added new flavors like:
- cookies and cream
- French vanilla
- toasted french vanilla
- mocha flavor swirl
- butter pecans
- hazelnut mocha
- rocky road
- almond joy
- vanilla cupcake
- Blueberry Muffin Flavored Coffee
- Caramel Coffee Cake Flavored Coffee
- Cinnamon Coffee Roll Flavored Coffee
- Chocolate Glazed Donut Flavored Coffee
Most of these flavors are available in the brand’s shelf coffee.
If you like the other flavors Dunkin’ Donuts offers, try adding flavored syrups, or the Dunkin Donuts line of coffee creams available at grocery retailers nationwide.
Dunkin also has a grocery store line of coffee creamers that you can buy or purchase at one of their locations, making the possibilities are endless with flavored syrups and creamers!
Skip the coffee shop, this recipe is easy, seriously tastes like the original, and has endless possibilities.
Make the coffee ahead and store it in your refrigerator for quick prep.
This dunkin’ iced coffee recipe is perfect for any time pick up – morning, afternoon, or evening.
Save time; make a large batch and have it in the refrigerator ready to go all summer long!
With all the coffee flavors Dunkin’ offers, there’s delicious potential.
I’ve even used instant coffee in a pinch with great results.
Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe Ingredients
3/4 cup of your favorite ground Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee (I like the original blend)
3 cups cold water, divided
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream)
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract (it’s optional, but makes this Dunkin’ Original iced Coffee, a Dunkin’ Vanilla Iced Coffee)
Whipped Cream (optional)
Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Recipe Directions:
Brew coffee in coffee maker using 3/4 cup ground coffee and 1-1/2 cups cold water.
Combine hot coffee and half-and-half in a pitcher.
Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
Blend in 1-1/2 cups cold water.
Chill until ready to serve.
Pour over ice in tall glasses or cafe mugs.
Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10-minutes
If you’re drinking this right away it’s perfect!
If you’re a slow drinker I suggest coffee cubes, instead of ice cubes.
Double the batch for delicious brewed coffee without the coffee brewer for your next tall glass!
Watch How Easy It Is to Make A Copy Cat Dunkin’ Iced Coffee at Home:
- To get the most authentic taste, we recommend you use high-quality 100% Arabica coffee beans, like the original. There are two types of coffee beans: Arabica and Robusta. Arabica is smaller and harder to grow but tastes better. Robusta, which has much more caffeine, is larger and easier to grow.
- Use the freshest coffee beans.
- When not using coffee beans, store them in an airtight container, in the freezer. The airtight container is important because coffee absorbs the smells and flavors of anything around it.
- Keep your carafe clean.
- If you are making ice coffee and don’t have coffee ice cubes, double the amount of coffee grinds you use to make the coffee. (3 Tablespoons for every 6 ounces of water).
- Save time and use cold brew coffee
- If you have extra coffee leftover, store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Iced Coffee that is refrigerated has a life of about eight hours after brewing.
Make this beverage “over the top GOOD” by adding a scoop of Hagen-Daz Vanilla Bean of Coffee ice cream.
Dunkin‘ Donuts swirls are made with sweetened condensed milk and flavored with cocoa, vanilla, and other flavors.
Enjoy the refreshing, full flavor of this Iced Coffee Recipe that tastes like the one you crave!
Do you love coffee house drinks? Try these recipes
Thai Iced Coffee with Coconut Milk
Copycat Starbucks Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee Recipe
About Dunkin’ Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ Donuts is America’s favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin’ Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin’ Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for eight years running. The company has nearly 11,000 restaurants in 33 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin’ Donuts is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies.
- 3/4 cup of your favorite ground Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee
- 3 cups cold water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Brew coffee in coffee maker using 3/4 cup ground coffee and 1-1/2 cups cold water.
- Combine hot brewed coffee and half-and-half in a pitcher.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Blend in 1-1/2 cups cold water.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Pour over ice in tall glasses or cafe mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Make ahead of time and store in refrigerator for two days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information may not be accurate