Today’s Best Recipe is Starbucks Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create your own version of this delicious drink in the comfort of your own home. Top it off with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of sea salt, and you’ve got a homemade frappuccino that’s even better than the real thing!
Try out new toppings with this Starbucks peanut butter cup frappuccino copycat recipe.
If you are a frappuccino fan, you may know this iced coffee has long been a Starbucks ‘ secret menu item and we wonder why it wasn’t introduced as a new frappuccino for a limited time.
It has the flavor of Reese’s peanut butter cup packed with peanut butter and complemented by a milk chocolate sauce.
The coffee house features an icy-cold blend of peanut butter flavored sauce and chocolate chips.
The original drink contains milk and cream, it can be swapped into a vegan order by going cream-free and choosing from a variety of dairy-free milk options, which the coffee chain offers including soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, and almond milk.
Spice things up and see what new flavors you can come up with!
Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino is the perfect blend of flavors we love.
The good news, you can recreate the tasty blend of peanut-butter frappuccino drink from Starbucks in your kitchen.
These creamy frappuccino milkshake-like drinks are a punch of coffee and deliciously frozen.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate–it’s one of the best food combinations out there.
You might enjoy other great coffee recipes from our Pinterest Coffee Board.
Starbucks Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino
2 cups of ice
½ cup of cold Starbucks (or regular coffee) or ¼ cups of cold espresso
½ cup of milk
2 tablespoons of chocolate sauce–we like the one from the Hershey company
3 tablespoons of peanut butter syrup or peanut butter
⅛ Pinch of Xanthan Gum* (optional)
How to Make Starbucks Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino
Mix coffee, ice, milk, chocolate sauce, peanut butter syrup, and xanthan gum together in a blender until completely smooth.
Top with chocolate sauce and serve cold.
Garnish with crumbly cookies or crunchy chocolate java chips, if you like.
Make it a Peanut Butter and Jelly Frappuccino:
Omit chocolate sauce and add 2 Tablespoons of your favorite jelly.
Replace the chocolate sauce with your favorite jelly.
Heat jelly in a microwave-safe bowl in 10-second intervals and drizzle over the top of the whipped cream
If you love this Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino, try our take on the limited-edition Birthday Cake Frappuccino that has long been off the menu.
Substitutes for Xantham Gum:
Cornstarch-substitute same amount
Unflavored Gelatin-substitute 2 parts of gelatin for every 1 part of xanthan gum.
Agar Agar-replace xanthan gum with agar agar in a 1:1 ratio.
How to Order Starbucks’s Secret Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino.
Starbucks does not officially have a “Secret Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino” on their menu, but it is possible to order a custom drink that mimics the flavor of a peanut butter cup.
Here’s how to order the drink:
- Start by ordering a Java Chip Frappuccino. This blended drink contains coffee, chocolate chips, and a mocha sauce.
- Ask the barista to add peanut butter flavor to the drink. You can do this by asking for a pump or two of Starbucks’s peanut butter syrup in their Peanut Butter Cup cookie.
- If you want the drink to be extra chocolatey, ask the barista to add mocha drizzle on top of the whipped cream.
- Finally, you can add a sprinkle of sea salt on top to enhance the flavor of the peanut butter and chocolate.
Remember, custom drinks can be a bit more complicated to make, so it’s always a good idea to be patient and polite with your barista. You should also be aware that the cost of a custom drink may be higher than a regular menu item, as each ingredient added to the drink will increase the price.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy on a hot summer day or a decadent dessert to indulge in after dinner, our homemade Peanut Butter Cup Frappuccino is sure to hit the spot. So why wait? Try making one for yourself today and taste the deliciousness for yourself!
You may also like our recipes for other Starbucks Drinks:
and this one is for Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites.
- 2 cups of ice
- ½ cup of cold Starbucks (or regular coffee) or ¼ cups of cold espresso
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate sauce–we like the one from the Hershey company
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter syrup or peanut butter
- ⅛ Pinch of Xanthan Gum* (optional)
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Mix coffee, ice, milk, chocolate sauce peanut butter syrup, and xanthan gum together in a blender until completely smooth.
- Top with chocolate sauce and serve cold.
- Garnish with crumbly cookies, or crunchy chocolate java chips, if you like.