This Homemade Kahlua recipe may not be the same as the one Pedro Domecq produced in 1936, but it’s pretty darn good.
Kahlua means “House of the Acolhua people” in a language long ago; however, against my lips, it means “This stuff is good!”
There are so many delicious ways to use this recipe.
Try it in a glass with ice and a touch of cream.
Find the Instant Pot Kahla recipe here.
Mix it with coffee or cocoa.
Use it as a topping for ice cream, cakes, cheesecakes, and more.
Use it in recipes such as pork roast, bbq sauce, slow cooker kalua pork,
We made a huge batch.
Then I created labels, and we gifted them as Christmas presents for my family’s “Homemade Christmas” gift.
It was a big hit!
In fact, it’s the gift they request each year.
It’s also an ingredient in some pretty spectacular-tasting drinks:
- Baby Guinness
- Black Russian
- White Russian
- Espresso Martini
- Caribbean Mudslide
No matter how you consume it, this recipe is easy and delicious!
Homemade Kahlua Delight
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Cooling Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Servings: Approximately 6 cups
Introduction: A Sip of History
Indulge in the rich legacy of Homemade Kahlua, a velvety liqueur with a dash of history. Originating in Mexico, this iconic coffee-infused spirit has delighted taste buds since the mid-20th century. Crafted with care and a few simple ingredients, this recipe lets you enjoy the deep flavors of Kahlua from the comfort of your own kitchen.
Ingredients: Unveiling Flavorful Elements
- 4 cups (960 ml) granulated sugar
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) instant coffee
- 2 cups (480 ml) premium vodka
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) pure vanilla extract
Expert Tips for Perfection: Craftsmanship in Every Step
- Use high-quality instant coffee for an intensified coffee essence.
- Opt for a well-regarded vodka brand to enhance the overall quality.
- Experiment with different types of vanilla extracts for nuanced flavor profiles.
Cooking Instructions: Nurturing the Elixir
- Combine granulated sugar, water, instant coffee, vodka, and vanilla extract in a large pot.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat, stirring the mixture until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the blend to gently simmer for about 30 minutes, unveiling a symphony of flavors.
- Once simmered to perfection, let the Kahlua concoction cool for approximately 1 hour. This period allows the flavors to harmonize and deepen.
- With a sense of accomplishment, bottle the elixir into your preferred containers. Whether you savor it personally or bestow it as a heartfelt gift, your creation is ready to charm the senses.
Serving Suggestions: Creative Moments
- Serve Kahlua over ice for a refreshing pick-me-up.
- Elevate your desserts by incorporating Kahlua into coffee-flavored treats like tiramisu or brownies.
- Mix up a decadent cocktail by blending Kahlua with cream and a splash of cola.
Storage and Leftovers: Savoring Over Time
- Seal the bottles tightly and store them in a cool, dark place to preserve the alluring flavors.
- Properly stored, your Homemade Kahlua can maintain its charm for up to 3 years.
Alternate Names: A World of Labels
Known by various monikers such as “Coffee Liqueur” or “Kahlua-Style Elixir,” this delightful concoction has captured hearts across the globe.
Cheers to Craftsmanship: Your Homemade Kahlua Journey
Embrace the art of creating your very own Homemade Kahlua, a tapestry woven with history and flavor. From its Mexican origins to the countless ways it can be enjoyed, your journey with this elixir promises a symphony of taste and a touch of personalization.
This recipe contains alcohol. Mommy’s Memorandum and its authors are not responsible for this recipe’s outcome or the actions that occur after.
Please Drink Responsibly.
FAQs: Unraveling Queries
Q: Can I use decaffeinated instant coffee? A: Absolutely! While it may alter the intensity slightly, it’s a viable option for those seeking a milder flavor.
Q: Are there non-alcoholic alternatives to vodka? A: Indeed, you can substitute vodka with water or a flavored syrup if you prefer a non-alcoholic version.
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- ⅔ cup instant coffee granules (powder)
- 2 cups vodka
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla
- Add the water, sugar, and instant coffee* to your Instant Pot.
- Press Manual on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, do a Quick Release of the pressure.
- Add the vanilla extract to the coffee mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Add the vodka and stir well
- Pour into jars and allow to cool completely before adding the lid.
- Close the lid tightly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 96 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
The Nutritional Information may not be accurate.