So? After the last snow fell, my friend from high school, Missy, posted on her Facebook page that she was making snow cream. I have a confession; I had NEVER heard of Snow Cream so I, politely, asked her for the recipe. It was so easy; it’s all my kiddos want now.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t snow in Winston-Salem….or, that’s what they told me all summer.
Here’s what day two of the blizzard looks like:
So now that we’ve cleared up that it really does snow in Winston-Salem, and I should not have given up those snow boots, we’ve settled in and are indulging in SNOW CREAM!
This recipe is so easy, and my kiddos love foraging for the snow to make this delicious treat. The only rule is “clean snow.”
You can set a bowl out during the snow to collect the main ingredient. Basically, it’s snow, dairy, and sugar. You can add various flavors, but we like the pure stuff best.
You can indulge in snow cream too!
Snow Cream Recipe Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1/3 granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 6 cups clean, freshly fallen snow, PACKED
Snow Cream Recipe Directions
- In a large bowl mix milk, vanilla extract, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the snow, a cup at a time, until it reaches the preferred consistency
- Snow Cream Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 cups clean, freshly fallen snow, PACKED
- Snow Cream Recipe Directions
- In a large bowl mix milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in snow, a cup at a time, until it reaches the preferred consistency