Julee has been blogging since May of 2008. It started when her then teenagers were talking widgets and one afternoon she set out to know more. By evening, Julee had discovered blogging was an outlet for her passion–writing and the rest are recorded through the posts of Mommy’s Memorandum.
Julee or her writing has appeared in The LA Times when my Bon Jovi Obsession Goes Global!
Disney’s Family Fun Magazine (August 2010, July 2009, September 2008)
- That Time My Family Gave Up Television (page 92, Disney Family Fun August 2010)
- That time My Great Idea landed in Disney’s Family Fun (Page 80, September 2008)
- Her writing has appeared in the Write for Charity book From the Heart (May 2010). , see my author bio.
- Weight Watchers Magazine
- All You Magazine (Jan. 2011, February 2011, June 2013)
- Her Dinner Dilemma Jar to End the Dinner Dilemma and Engage Your Family appeared in Summer 2013 Issue
- When she shared the Best Reunion Story Out There and it appeared in All You Magazine as Forgiveness Healed Me
- That time she was Making Homework a Priority and landed the pages of Scholastic Parent and Child Magazine (Oct. 2011)
- Red River Family Magazine (Jan. 2011)
- When her Homemade Mounds and Almond Joys were discovered and published with BonAppetit.com.
- When she spoke about Parents Involvement Accountability or just unfair? on She Knows.
- When she took a stand and shared Why teach kids some old-fashioned decorum? on She Knows
- That time my toddler Stood on Elvis’ Grave and Scaled Over Boulders to Get to a Dinosaur and it made AP News
- The Sly Way I Cured My Child’s Lying Habit and it landed on PopSugar.
- When her child told herhow she remembered the color gray and the world remembers it’s the color when she lifts her bangs thanks to the book Heard On the Playground.
- She is the author, of the book Centrifugal Motion.
She has interviewed:
- Justin Bieber’s Mom Pattie Mallette
- The Hunger Games Producer Nina Jacobson
- Actress Lake Bell
- Jon Hamm
- Sports agent, JBBernstein and Rinku and Dinesh from #MillionDollarArmEvent
- Aasif Mandvi
- Kevin Costner
- Phyllis Smith and Richard Kind
- Leigh-Allyn Baker
- She has made local appearances as a Parenting and Lifestyle expert on ABC4, Fox13, Channel2 and Studio 5.
She works with local and national brands including South Dakota Tourism, Tiffany & Co., Coca-Cola, Chevrolet, The Residence Inn, Gymboree, Patagonia, Tillamook, Disney, Hewlett-Packard, Hoover, KEEN and more.
Julee is a perky, quirky, dorky Virginia transplant with an appetite to taste the world, meet its desserts and tell their stories. Mostly she writes. She vents emotions via keyboard pecks and it frees her, gives her perspective on the most important things in life. She’s the mom to six and thinks sometimes you have to live in the fast lane and enjoy real butter, laughing ’til you sob.
She’s served as PTA President twice and volunteers throughout her community.
In 2007, Julee left her career in sales and middle management to pursue the career she coveted–Mommy! It was a life changing decision and she has yet to look back with regret.
Thank you for your interest in Mommy’s Memorandum.