This Instant Pot Dulce de Leche is a creamy, thick caramel. It’s incredibly easy to make and versatile. Stir it into yogurt or coffee, as an ice cream or cheesecake topping. Try dipping banana bread into this sauce for a delicious treat. My kids eat it with a spoon out of the can!
We use this Dulce de Leche as a cheesecake topping…you can see how thick and creamy it is on our salted caramel cheesecake.
Makes 16 (1 Tbsp) servings
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Function and Time: Manual 15-minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Release Method + Time: Natural Pressure Release 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 18 minutes
Instant Pot dulce de leche Ingredient list
- 8-10 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 cups water
Instant Pot dulce de leche Ingredient list Recipe Method
- Prepare the Instant Pot. Add steamer basket to Instant Pot.
- Add the can of Sweetened Condensed Milk, placing on its side, into the steamer basket (note: the can of condensed milk cannot be in direct contact with the sides or base of the pressure cooker).
- Fill Instant Pot with water. Add until you have enough water to cover the can.
- Lock Lid and turn the valve to the “sealing” position.
- Press Manual and adjust the time to 15 minutes.
- When time is complete, unplug Instant Pot.
- Allow Instant Pot to Natural Pressure Release and rest for at least 8 hours.
- Open Instant Pot, remove the can. You can store the can in the pantry marked as Dulce de Leche for up to 3-months, or open and enjoy!
You can use glass jars and pour the contents of the can into the glass jars. Place a lid loosely on top of the jar. Water level needs to cover the Sweetened Condensed Milk (do not place the lid on the jar tightly and submerge in water).
Be sure your can is not damaged or nicked in any way.
Do Not open the can while it is still warm.
Do not disturb the Instant Pot while the water inside the pot is still warm.