- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar*
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 10 oz fresh or frozen organic cranberries (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Dash sea salt
- 1/4 cup Setton Farms roasted, shelled Pistachio Kernels (roughly chopped)*
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries*
How to Make Pistachio Cranberry Sauce
- Heat a 2-quart sauce pot and add water and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add cinnamon stick, fresh or frozen cranberries, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Simmer covered until berries burst and sauce thickens, occasionally stirring, about 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and add in diced pistachios and dried cranberries. Cook for about 1-2 minutes uncovered and remove from heat.
- Serve warm or allow to cool, then refrigerate sauce overnight.
- Pistachio cranberry sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead.
(C) Spork Foods, 2014
About the Chefs
L.A.-based sisters and celebrity chefs Heather Goldberg and Jenny Engel of Spork Foods are vegan chefs that own a Los Angeles-based gourmet cooking school. The culinary duo are also cookbook authors and work with some of Hollywood’s elite, including Emily and Zooey Deschanel, Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, Kristin Bauer van Straten, and Alicia Silverstone.