We all grew up on Macaroni and Cheese. It’s always a great meal, but this Bacon Macaroni and Cheese recipe will elevate the meal.
It’s cheesy macaroni and cheese with crispy, crumbled bacon.
Easy macaroni and cheese recipe that everyone will love! Make with or without the bacon for comfort food heaven!
Easy Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon:
Non-Stick Baking Spray
2 (10 oz) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup*
1 can evaporated milk
1-1/2 cups water
3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
12 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
9 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
2 tablespoon bacon grease
How to Make Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
Spray slow cooker with baking spray
In med. saucepan, combine soup, milk and water.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
Stir in cheese and salt until cheese is melted.
Remove from heat and stir in macaroni, bacon fat, and bacon pieces.
Pour mixture into greased crockpot.
Cover and cook on high for 2-hours, or until sauce bubbles and macaroni is tender.
*I use one Condensed Cheddar Cheese can and one Fajita Cheese can of Soup.
Tips for Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- I use elbow macaroni. It’s what my kids prefer, however, you can let your pasta imagination run wild try corkscrew pasta, shells, any short pasta works.
- Always use freshly grated cheese. The bagged pre-shredded cheese doesn’t melt as creamy nor as smooth. Today’s Best Recipe has a great article on why you should grate your own cheese.
- My grandmother taught me whole milk creates the creamiest sauce, but 2-percent, half and half, even skim milk works.
- Make Bacon in the oven, or use pre-cooked bacon. If you use precooked bacon, use two tablespoons of melted butter in place of bacon fat.
- Avoid the extra sharp-aged cheeses. Aged cheddars tend to separate or get oily when heated and do not melt well.
- Garnish with sliced green onions or parsley.
Properly stored, in an airtight container, cooked macaroni and cheese will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
To further extend the shelf life of cooked macaroni and cheese, freeze it; freeze in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
You can freeze mac and cheese and it will be good for up to 3 months. Make sure to avoid freezer burn by storing mac and cheese in an airtight container or resealable bag. Thaw the macaroni and cheese in the fridge before you reheat it.
Reheating Bacon Mac n Cheese
To reheat frozen mac and cheese, place the mac and cheese in a baking dish. Cover the mac and cheese and bake it at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour. Uncover the mac and cheese and let it bake another 10-30 minutes until the mac and cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Non-Stick Baking Spray
- 2 (10 oz) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup*
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 9 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- Spray slow cooker with baking spray
- In med. saucepan, combine soup, milk and water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
- Stir in cheese and salt until cheese is melted.
- Removed from heat and stir in macaroni and bacon pieces.
- Pour mixture into greased crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-hours, or until sauce bubbles and macaroni is tender.
- *I use one Condensed Cheddar Cheese can and one Fajita Cheese can of Soup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 756Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 1453mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 42g
The Nutritional Information may not be accurate.