You will need:
- Small round candies: Hershey’s Kisses, tootsie rolls, jawbreakers, lemon heads, etc.
- 8″ ribbon or yarn
- 3″ x 20strip of brightly colored cotton fabric
- 3″ x 6″ piece of matching felt, fleece or cotton fabric
- matching thread
- a scrap of red felt for the tongue
- cotton ball or a small amount of batting
- (2) – 5/8″ wiggly eyes
- Needle (for hand-sewing) or sewing machine
- Cut a 3″ x 20″-inch strip out of brightly colored cotton fabric.
- Make a “snakehead” pattern by drawing a 2.5″wide x2″ long rectangle. Round top of 2″ end.
- Trace to the pattern to fabric then cut out snake headpieces
- Place a cotton ball between 2 “head” pieces and glue or sew around outer edges to make the top of the head. Make the bottom of the head the same way.
- Place “heads” against the right side of the body, lining up the straight edge of the head and the body. and sew across.
- Fold body in half lengthwise, right sides together. Sew along the edge and one end, making a point. Turn right side out, forming a long tube.
- Cut out tongue by cutting a 1.5″x1.5″ piece of felt, folding in half and cutting one end into a point.
- Glue tongue to “inside” of bottom Head Piece.
- Glue eyes in place.
- Fill body with candies by opening headpieces and inserting through the hole.
- Tie ribbon around the top of the neck, just behind the head, so candy doesn’t fall out.
- Note: I color copied a “Hershey’s Kiss” tag from a received gift and made a card for this snake. Inside it reads: “Snake you for being my friend!”
You may also like this easy Ghiradelli Advent craft.