Life sometimes calls for lazy dinners and it doesn’t get much easier than this incredibly easy Instant Pot Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe. It’s a dump-it soup is packed full of your favorite taco flavors (and plenty of cheese). My family loves to customize it by adding their favorite toppings to their bowl: more cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips, black olives, etc.
It’s the flavors we crave, made simple and ready when we are. It’s sure to be a favorite in your weekly rotation.
You may also want to check out my Pinterest Instant Pot board for more great recipes like this pressure cooker southwestern chicken soup!
Instant Pot Southwestern Chicken Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10.8 ounce can of southwest corn
- 15 ounce can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thick mild or medium salsa
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 pkg. chicken taco seasoning
- 4 ounce can of diced green chiles, optional
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese, shredded
Instant Pot Southwestern Chicken Soup Recipe directions:
- Dump It: In 6-quart Instant Pot, add chicken, onion, corn, black beans, salsa, chicken broth, and seasoning, stirring to combine.
- Cook: Secure lid; set the pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK; cook on high pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Serve: Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Serve into bowls and top with remaining cheese and preferred ingredients.