This Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Salad is easy. You’ll use the Basic Chicken Breasts method to prepare the chicken. You can use a leftover breast to make one serving of this Caesar Chicken Salad.
While the chicken breasts are cooking, the dressing can be made, or you can make the dressing as needed. It’s easy!
The recipe takes the Classic Caesar Salad with crisp homemade croutons and an easy DIY light caesar dressing and adds moist, deliciously seasoned chicken to make a complete meal, ready to impress.
The crunchy homemade garlic croutons offer so much more than the premade, store-bought kind. You’ll find it hard to resist eating them straight from the oven. They also are incredible sidekicks for soups!
Caesar Salad Fun Fact:
It’s a myth that the Caesar Salad is named after the Roman Emperor’s title.
In spite of its name, the classic Caesar salad was invented in Mexico by an Italian-American named Caesar Cardini back in 1924. Cardini was a restaurateur in Tijuana, Mexico, a tourist destination “to attract Americans frustrated by Prohibition”.
Legend has it that over the Fourth of July weekend, Cardini threw together a bunch of ingredients he had on hand and served his concoction to his friends. In 1926, Caesar’s brother, Alex, came to visit, added anchovies to the original and it was called “Aviator’s Salad”. The salad was so well received that it became known as “Caesar’s Salad”.
In 1953, the International Society of Epicure in Paris declared the classic salad, which by then was popular in Europe, “the greatest recipe to originate from the Americas in 50 years.”
This Easy Instant Pot Chicken Caesar salad is easy, classic and the ingredients are simple.
Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts prepared using the basic Instant Pot chicken breast method, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup croutons, optional*
- 1 romaine heart, washed
Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe Directions:
- Prepare Salad: Tear romaine into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Add croutons and ½ of the Parmesan. Toss gently.
- Make the Dressing: Add the garlic, lemon zest, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 cup of the cheese to a small bowl. Whisk in the mayonnaise. Gradually, whisk until smooth. Season with salt.
- Serve. Place Romaine in a bowl top with chicken strips, drizzle with dressing.
If you find the dressing is thin. You can thicken by adding more mayonnaise and Parmesan Cheese.
Storage: Transfer the dressing to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
*To Make the Croutons:
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Cut a baguette in half lengthwise and slice into 1/4″ thick pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil with minced garlic. You can either use a pastry brush to brush onto the baguette or toss the bread in the oil. Sprinkle all with Parmesan Cheese.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake to desired crispness, about 10 minutes.
Crouton Tips: Any bread will work, we prefer baguette.