Indulge in the heavenly delight of our Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread, a delectable treat that will leave you craving for more. Imagine moist, heavenly cinnamon bread balls, generously coated with cinnamon sugar, and adorned with a luscious drizzle of ooey gooey caramel sauce. These delightful morsels are baked to perfection right in your electric pressure cooker, infusing every bite with irresistible flavors.
Sometimes referred to as bubble bread or monkey puzzle bread, this sticky and irresistible creation has captured the hearts (and taste buds) of many. Just ask my kids, who adore it so much that I bake it in two mini-loaf pans, ensuring they each have their own portion to savor. It’s a delightful tradition for our family, and they can’t get enough of it!
One of the most enjoyable aspects of this Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread is its interactive nature. The bread is designed to be pulled apart and savored, making it a delightful experience for kids and adults alike. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also opt to create this masterpiece in a 6-cup bundt pan, adding a touch of elegance to your presentation.
Worried about the time it takes to prepare such a scrumptious treat? Fear not! This easy monkey bread recipe comes together in no time, allowing you to indulge in an indulgent breakfast or satisfy your sweet cravings throughout the year.
Don’t own an Instant Pot? No problem! You can still make this delicious monkey bread using alternative baking methods. However, once you experience the ease and convenience of the Instant Pot, you might find it becoming your go-to method for preparing this delightful treat.
So, whether you’re hosting a special brunch, celebrating a birthday, or simply treating yourself to a well-deserved indulgence, our Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread is the perfect choice. With its mouthwatering flavors, delightful texture, and interactive charm, it’s sure to become one of your family’s favorites too!
You may also want to check out my Pinterest Instant Pot board for more great recipes like this pressure cooker caramel money bread.
Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 21 minutes (25 minutes for a 6-Cup bundt pan)
Natural Release Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 41 minutes (45 minutes for a 6-Cup bundt pan)
- 1 can of Cinnamon Rolls (or 1 can Grands Biscuits)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
How to Make Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread:
Prepare your loaf pans or 6-Cup bundt pan by lightly coating with non-stick spray.
Prepare the Instant Pot: Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pressure cooker and place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot liner.
In a large bowl or resealable baggie, combine sugar and ground cinnamon.
Open the can of Cinnamon Rolls and cut the dough into quarters.
Roll each quartered dough piece into a ball and place them in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, coating them thoroughly.
Arrange the coated dough balls in the prepared pan, creating an even layer on the bottom of the pan and then stacking them.
Repeat until you have used all the biscuit dough.
Make the Caramel Sauce:
- In a small microwavable bowl, add the butter to the brown sugar.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir until the butter is melted.
- Drizzle the brown sugar mixture over the dough balls in the pan.
Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
Place each loaf pan on top of the trivet inside the Instant Pot.
Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and turn the vent to the “Sealing” position.
Set the timer for 21 minutes on high pressure. (If using a 6-Cup bundt pan, set the timer for 25 minutes on high pressure, followed by a natural release for 15 minutes.)
When the cooking time ends, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
Quick Release any remaining pressure.
Carefully remove the pan from the Instant Pot, uncover, and serve.
To serve, turn the pan upside down on a serving plate to allow the ooey-gooey caramel to shine.
Let your kids pull the sticky, biscuit pieces off and dip them in the frosting packet that comes with the cinnamon rolls for an extra treat!
- For a homemade touch, use homemade caramel sauce in place of the store-bought caramel sauce.
- You can use kitchen shears or a sharp knife to quarter the cans of cinnamon rolls for ease.
- To add variation, quarter some rolls and use one to cut into eights for small balls of dough that create a fun monkey bread puzzle in the pan!
We hope you enjoy this delightful recipe for gooey Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread. It’s one of our favorite Instant Pot treats, perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet indulgence any time of the day. When you’re finished, check out our guide on how to give your Instant Pot a deep clean to keep it in top-notch condition for future cooking adventures!
FAQs for Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread:
- Can I use homemade biscuit dough instead of canned Cinnamon Rolls or Grands Biscuits? Absolutely! You can use your favorite homemade biscuit dough recipe to create this monkey bread. Just make sure to cut the dough into small pieces before proceeding with the recipe.
- Can I make this recipe without an Instant Pot? Yes, you can bake this monkey bread in a regular oven. After assembling the dough balls in the pan and drizzling with the caramel sauce, cover the pan with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked and caramelized.
- Can I make the Caramel Sauce ahead of time? Absolutely! You can prepare the Caramel Sauce in advance and store it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to make the monkey bread, simply warm the sauce in the microwave for a few seconds until it’s pourable.
- Can I freeze the Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread? Yes, you can freeze any leftover monkey bread. Once it has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw the bread at room temperature or in the microwave, and enjoy!
- What can I use instead of a 6-Cup bundt pan for larger batches? If you need to make a larger batch of monkey bread, you can use a larger bundt pan or a baking dish with higher sides. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure even cooking.
- Is it necessary to use a trivet in the Instant Pot? Yes, the trivet is essential for elevating the pan above the water in the Instant Pot, allowing the bread to steam cook properly. Without the trivet, the bottom of the pan may come into direct contact with the water, affecting the texture of the bread.
- Can I use other toppings or add-ins? Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with this recipe. You can add chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips to the dough balls before coating them in cinnamon sugar. Additionally, you can top the finished monkey bread with a drizzle of melted chocolate, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.
- Can I make this recipe vegan or gluten-free? Yes, you can adapt this recipe to suit your dietary preferences. For a vegan version, use vegan biscuit dough and plant-based butter in the Caramel Sauce. For a gluten-free option, make sure to use gluten-free biscuit dough or prepare a gluten-free homemade dough.
- Can I reheat the monkey bread? Yes, you can reheat the monkey bread in the microwave or oven. If using the microwave, heat individual pieces for 15-20 seconds until warm. For oven reheating, wrap the bread in foil and warm it in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for about 10-15 minutes.
- Can I make this recipe nut-free? Absolutely! If you have nut allergies, simply omit any nut-based add-ins or toppings. Enjoy the monkey bread without nuts, and it will still be just as delicious!
Remember, this Instant Pot Caramel Monkey Bread recipe is meant to be fun and flexible. Feel free to experiment and make it your own by adding your favorite flavors and toppings!
Alternate Names for this Recipe:
- Sticky Caramel Cinnamon Bliss
- Caramel Drizzled Monkey Puzzle
- Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Delight
- Caramelized Pull-Apart Treat
- Instant Pot Caramel Bubble Bread
- Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bites
- Gooey Caramel Dough Balls
- Instant Pot Caramelized Delight
- Pull-Apart Caramel Infusion
- Cinnamon Sugar Caramel Swirls
- 1 can of Cinnamon Rolls (or you can use 1 can Grands Biscuits)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Prepare your loaf pans or bundt cake pan by lightly coating with non-stick spray.
- Prepare Instant Pot: Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pressure cooker and place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot liner.
- In a large bowl or resealable baggie, add sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Open a tube of Cinnamon rolls and cut the dough into quarters.
- Roll the quartered roll pieces into a ball and place them in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Coat biscuit dough in cinnamon sugar mixture by rolling the ball around or using a spoon to heap sugar over the ball.
- Place ball in the pan, creating an even layer on the bottom of the pan and then stacking.
- Repeat until you no longer have biscuit dough.
- Make the Caramel Sauce:
- In a small microwavable bowl, add butter to brown sugar and microwave on high for 45 seconds
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Drizzle brown sugar mixture over dough balls in the pan.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Place each loaf pan on top of the trivet.
- Lock Instant Pot lid into place.
- Turn the vent to "Sealing" position.
- Set the timer for 21 minutes high pressure. (A 6-Cup bundt pan will require 25 minutes at high pressure and Natural Release for 15 minutes)
- When cooking time ends, allow natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Quick Release any remaining pressure.
- Remove pan from the pot, uncover and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 409mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 63gProtein: 2g
The Nutritional Information may not be accurate.