- 1 The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School includes 100 delicious recipes
- 2 GIVEAWAY:
- 3 One LUCKY U.S. winner will receive The Fundamentals of Cooking Prize Pack!
Artisan Books partnered with me to support an exciting new cookbook!
I love cookbooks. I enjoy trying new recipes and learning new techniques in the kitchen. One of my new favorite cookbooks is THE HAVEN’S KITCHEN COOKING SCHOOL by Alison Cayne!
It was released back in April, which has me wondering why it has taken so long to discover. Cayne takes the essential skills gleaned from her popular cooking school classes at Haven’s Kitchen for a comprehensive teaching cookbook, The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School.
The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School includes 100 delicious recipes
In addition to the techniques, The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School includes 100 delicious recipes carefully chosen by Cayne and her expert staff with food inspired by global cuisine and a modern sensibility of how we like to eat today.
Each of the book’s nine chapters revolves around a key lesson taught through a collection of recipes to ensure that readers are not simply memorizing a canon of tried-and-true instructions; they are learning how to cook for a lifetime.
THE HAVEN’S KITCHEN COOKING SCHOOL: Recipes and Inspiration to Build a Lifetime of Confidence in the Kitchen.
Find The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School on Amazon
Take a peek of the beauty of The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School by Alison Cayne from the book’s introduction.
This PDF excerpt may be used solely in connection with the promotion of The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School. You must include a credit line adjacent to the image: “Excerpted from The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School by Alison Cayne (Artisan Books). Copyright © 2017. Photographs by Con Poulos.”The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School by Alison Cayne
Discover how to do everything from choosing the right knife to what to keep in your pantry!
Cayne equips home cooks with fundamental building blocks they need to feel confident and at ease in the kitchen. Those skills include:
- How to Pick & Cut Herbs
- How to Make Stock
- How to Boil Eggs
- How to Make an Omelet
- How to Make Dressing
- How to Make & Store Sauces
- How to Assemble a Galette (and what a galette is, for people like me who have no idea!)
- Knife Cuts: Slice, Dice, Julienne, Oblique, Brunoise, Chiffonade, Supreme
- How to Cook Vegetables: Blanche, Braise, Sautée, Roast & Grill
- How to Cook Proteins: Poach, Roast, Steam, Broil, & Stew
Check out this great cookbook for yourself. It’s sure to be a favorite!
- Follow Haven’s Kitchen: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Follow Artisan Books: Twitter | Instagram
- Follow hashtags #HavensKitchenCookbook | #CookWithConfidence to keep up with conversation
About the Author
Alison Cayne is the owner of Haven’s Kitchen, a cooking school, café, and event space in New York City. Cayne started Haven’s Kitchen as a place to inspire and educate people about food and sustainability issues. She serves on the boards of Edible Schoolyard NYC and the Food and Environment Reporting Network and has been featured in such publications as the New York Times, Vogue, Elle, Domino, Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, and Goop. She has a master’s in food studies from New York University, where she is now an adjunct professor. Cayne lives in New York City with her five children. Find her on Instagram @havenskitchen.
One LUCKY U.S. winner will receive The Fundamentals of Cooking Prize Pack!
Giveaway open to US addresses only.
Prizing and samples provided by Artisan Books.
One (1) winner receives:
- The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School (deliciously educational!)
- plus a $100 Visa gift card to stock the kitchen with the essentials!