Forget take-out this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe will be on your weekly rotation time after time.
It’s similar to Beef and Broccoli with incredible flavor and melt-in-your-mouth meat.
It’s truly a delicious, easy to prepare meal.
This Easy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef recipe is delicious.
Even with the time to build pressure in the Instant Pot it was dinner in 30-minutes.
The meat is tender and full of flavor.
This dish is not spicy.
Fun Mongolian Beef Fact:
Aside from the beef, nothing in the preparation of Mongolian Beef is traditional Mongolian cuisine.
In this case, take “Mongolian” to imply “exotic.”
We live in a small town, so Chinese takeout or even Chinese food isn’t an option.
We still crave the flavors of Asian food, like these mentioned in China Highlights, and this Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe is so easy and satisfies our cravings.
THE EAGLE HUNTRESS
The night we planned to watch The Eagle Huntress, I decided to do a Mongolian-themed meal.
This is what I came up with and it was a great hit!
THE EAGLE HUNTRESS follows Aisholpan, a 13-year-old girl, as she trains to become the first female in twelve generations of her Kazakh family to become an eagle hunter, and rises to the pinnacle of a tradition that has been handed down from father to son for centuries.
Set against the breathtaking expanse of the Mongolian steppe, THE EAGLE HUNTRESS features some of the most awe-inspiring cinematography ever captured in a documentary, giving this intimate tale of a young girl’s quest the dramatic force of an epic narrative film.
Serve over noodles or rice for a great meal.
You may also want to check out my Pinterest Instant Pot board for more great recipes like this pressure cooker Mongolian Beef!
Easy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
1-1/2 pound Flank Steak or Flat Iron Steak
3/4 cup soy sauce (you can use low-sodium)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 carrot shredded
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 green onion, sliced (for garnish)
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 Tablespoons water
How to Make Easy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef:
Add soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, 1/4 cup water, ginger, and garlic in the Instant Pot.
Stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
Place steak on cutting board.
Slice steak, against the grain, into strips.
Add steak strips to sauce in Instant Pot.
Stir to coat steak.
Top with shredded carrots.
Place the lid on Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to build pressure.
Cook on high for 8 minutes (8 minutes MANUAL).
After 8 minutes, allow Instant Pot to sit for ten minutes before releasing pressure. (10-minute Natural Release).
In a small bowl, combine the 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch and 3 Tablespoons of water.
Stir until well mixed and with no lumps.
Turn the Instant Pot to Saute and pour in the cornstarch mixture.
Mix the sauce and the cornstarch mixture and allow the sauce to boil until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
Serve over rice or noodles and garnish with sliced green onions.
Easy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe
This Easy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef recipe is delicious. It offers the Asian flavors you crave with tender meat nestled in rich sauce. Even with the time to build pressure in the Instant Pot it was dinner in 30-minutes.
- 1-1/2 pound Flank Steak or Flat Iron Steak
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 green onion, sliced (for garnish)
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons water
- In the Instant Pot add soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, 1/4 cup water, ginger, and garlic.
- Stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Place steak on cutting board.
- Slice steak, against the grain, into strips.
- Add steak strips to sauce in Instant Pot.
- Stir to coat steak.
- Top with shredded carrots.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to build pressure.
- Cook on high for 8-minutes (8-minutes MANUAL).
- After 8-minutes, allow Instant Pot to sit for ten-minutes before releasing pressure. (10-minutes Natural Release).
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 Tablespoons cornstarch and 3 Tablespoons water.
- Stir until well mixed and no lumps.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute and pour in the cornstarch mixture.
- Mix the sauce and the cornstarch mixture and allow the sauce to come to a boil until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles and garnish with sliced green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 1857mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 48g
Nutritional Information may not be accurate
You’ll love my cookbook, The Instant Pot College Cookbook: 75 Quick and Easy meals that Taste Like Home on Amazon.
The Instant Pot® College Cookbook is the definitive dorm room solution for easy, homemade meals.
Cereal and pizza might be enough to sustain a crash study session, but the best brain food is a homemade meal. The Instant Pot® College Cookbook saves college students from four years of nutrient deprivation with quick, easy, budget-friendly meals.
From grab-n-go Breakfast Burritos to late night Macaroni and Cheese, this college cookbook contains 75 tasty meals that require no previous cooking or Instant Pot® experience to whip up. Using easy-to-find and affordable ingredients, The Instant Pot® College Cookbook saves students time and money, too with good fast food that rivals any take-out menu.
The Instant Pot® College Cookbook includes:
- Instant Pot® cooking 101 that explains pressure cooker settings for every type of food, tips, and FAQ.
- 75 home-style meals that include breakfast, everyday staples, soups and stews, meatless meals, poultry, pork and beef, dessert, and more!
- Fool-proof recipes that combine quick prep times with easy-to-find and affordable ingredients to suit student schedules and wallets.
Save ramen for emergencies with quick and easy recipes from The Instant Pot® College Cookbook.