Caramel Apples are a traditional favorite this time of year. They bring back memories of childhood and make new ones. There’s those sheets of caramel that you wrap around the apple, but with Werther’s Baking caramels, I just made the most delicious caramel apples without much effort. Gone are the days where I slave over the hot stove with a pot of boiling sugar. These caramel apples are so easy you make them in the microwave!
- 4 medium-size apples
- 4 caramel apple sticks
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) Werther‘s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tbsp. milk
- medium-size apples
- caramel apple sticks
- pkg. (9 oz.) Werther‘s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped
- tbsp. milk
- EASY Caramel Apples Recipe Directions:
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Wash apples by gently rubbing with an abrasive scrub sponge and a few drops of dish detergent. Rinse and dry well; remove stem. Push sticks into tops of apples; set aside.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a tall deep microwave-safe bowl or 2 cup glass measure on HIGH for 2½ minutes or until melted, stirring after 1½ minutes.
- Dip and swirl apples in melted caramel mixture, using a spoon to spread evenly. Place on prepared pan and refrigerate at least 15 minutes or until caramel sets.
These are so easy and just look at that layer of Caramel!