When Biggest Loser is on I am motivated. I lose myself in the thoughts that I want to be a contestant. Then I break out in sweat when I’ve convinced myself that it is Jillian Michaels that can take me to the finale with her screaming and name calling. What can I say? Fear motivates me.
Between you and me, sometimes when I work out and I am exhausted and whining that I want to quit, I pretend Jillian is there in the room yelling horrible things at me daring me to quit. Uh-uh, I am not a quitter and there is no way I’m facing her in my moment of weakness.
Here are Ten Fitness Tips from Jillian Michaels to help us all get fit!
- Exercise does more than just tone your body, it boosts self-esteem, improves mood and revs up metabolism. So suck it up and get moving!
- If you are looking to shed those last stubborn pounds, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts. Try working at 85% of your Maximum Heart Rate for optimal results.
- Getting bored with that same old exercise routine? Chances are you body is too. It’s probably time to switch things up if you want to continue seeing results.
- Using proper form when working out is the key to getting the results you want and preventing injuries. Think quality over quantity. Take the time to perfect your form in order to get the results you want and keep your body healthy and strong.
- Do not exercise on an empty stomach. This way you’ll have energy during your workouts and you will burn fat instead of muscle.
- Don’t overdo it. When starting out consult your physician. Work to beginner / intermediate levels. Stay at around 70% of your MHR. IN a couple of weeks or so as you become stronger and more fit begin to up your intensity for best results.
- For results, fast try circuit training. This is an exercise technique that utilizes a series of moves in swift succession with no rest in between. For example: Push ups into squats followed by jumping jacks. This method allows your workouts to strengthen while burning fat at the same time.
- To ramp up your fitness regimen try incorporating a technique called HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training. This simply means working short bouts (30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds, 2 minutes) of cardio into your strength training routine.
- Six pack abs are not about crunches. You simply CAN NOT spot reduce fat. The best way to get the washboard tummy is by burning the fat off on top of the muscle with a combination of diet, cardio, and over all resistance training.
- When you are on the treadmill don’t hold on. If you hold on while walking or jogging it decreases the intensity thus decreasing your calorie burn by up to 24%
Want more Jillian?
Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011, made exclusively for the Wii, is the only video game with workouts designed and endorsed by Jillian Michaels. Players can use a wide assortment of exercises to work out each muscle of the body. Designed for all fitness levels, Jillian Michaels: Fitness Ultimatum 2011 allows players to monitor their fitness goals with Fitness Ultimatum’s resolution-based tracking system, and a brand new High-Intensity workout mode offers the most challenging workouts in the series.
I was not compensated in any manner for this post. I found the tips inspiring and wanted to share!
We appreciate your subscription to Mommy’s Memorandum