With the release of Clifford The Big Red Dog on DVD and Blu-ray, we’re celebrating all things red and fun, like these red velvet cupcakes inspired by the movie! It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Heck, make it a BIG celebration with everyone’s favorite supersized pup this Valentine’s Day with a Clifford the Big Red Dog Family Night and Clifford Valentine’s Boxes.
Ingredients and Supplies:
- Red velvet cupcakes (or your favorite flavor!)
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 1 lb. of powdered sugar (½ of a bag)
- 2-4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Red food coloring
- 1 frosting bag and star icing tip
- Printable cupcake wrappers
- White and black cardstock paper
- Prepare and bake your red velvet cupcakes and set them aside to cool.
- Combine the butter, milk, and vanilla in a bowl for the buttercream frosting and mix until smooth. Add the powdered sugar a few cups at a time until it is incorporated.
- Add red food coloring to your frosting and mix well.
- Place your star tip in the frosting bag and fill it with red frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes.
- On white cardstock paper, print and cut out the themed cupcake wrappers. For added support, tape the printed wrapper onto a black cardstock paper and trim it to size.
- Tape a themed cupcake wrapper around each cupcake.
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe Inspired by Clifford The Big Red Dog
Original Recipe credit: https://popcornerreviews.com/