This pressure cooker Tuscan Chicken recipe is full of flavor and easy enough to make on the weeknights.
As my children have gone through college, one of the challenges has been their limited budgets. This means dinner out doesn’t happen often. When one of my kids was planning
a date night, they knew a popular pasta restaurant was their date’s favorite. The budget was tight, so we created this Tuscan chicken recipe to offer all the flavors of the restaurant’s
version at a fraction of the cost.
The date went well, with cooking together being part of the experience. It might go down in history as one of the best college dates ever!
Serve the chicken and sauce over pasta.
Tender chicken smothered in a creamy white sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. The smell is pretty incredible, and when you sit down to eat it, it’s amazing!
We use our Mealthy MultiPot Pressure Cooker. The Mealthy Multipot is 9 appliances in one. We’re talking Pressure cook, slow cook, sauté, steam, make cakes, pasteurize, make yogurt, cook rice, and warm, all in ONE electric appliance. It saves space and cooks most meals in half the time with delicious results.
Pressure Cooker Tuscan Chicken Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce (not low sodium)
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3.5 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
Pressure Cooker Tuscan Chicken Recipe Directions:
- Cook Chicken Breasts: Follow the instructions to cook the chicken following this Basic Pressure Cooker Chicken recipe (it takes 15 minutes)
- Saute Garlic and Mushrooms: Remove the chicken and set aside. Drain the liquid from the pot. Add the minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, and Italian seasoning to the pot and saute for three minutes.
Make the sauce: Mix the soy sauce with ¾ cup unsalted chicken stock and add to mushroom mixture. Stir well. Press the Saute button and bring the liquid to a boil. Add the spinach and the sun-dried tomatoes to the liquid and cook for 30 seconds, or until wilted. Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Make a slurry using the cornstarch and the cold water and mixing until smooth. Slowly add the slurry to the sauce and stir to desired thickness.
Serve Tuscan Chicken: Cut chicken into one-inch cubes and place back into sauce. Stir until chicken is coated. Serve over rice, pasta, in a bread bowl, etc.
The folks at Mealthy Multipot are hosting a giveaway!
One lucky Mommy’s Memorandum reader will win:
- $35 Gift Card for mealthy.com
- An exclusive #MealthyMoms Bamboo 4 Piece Utensil Set
- A #MealthyMoms Sept Highlight Recipe Card Set
US Only. Ends 10/7