Make Pressure Cooker Corn on the Cob in just 2-minutes with this easy recipe.
We love corn on the cob, especially during summer. With a pressure cooker, it’s easy. No adding heat and humidity to the kitchen. No waiting for water to boil. Just delicious, crunchy, corn on the cob in minutes.
We use the Mealthy Multipot pressure cooker; however, it also works in other name-brand electric pressure cookers.
How to Make Corn on the Cob in the Pressure Cooker:
You will need:
- 4 ears of corn on the cob, shucked (husks and silk removed)
- 1 cup of cold water
- Set up the Pressure Cooker: Pour one cup cold water in the pressure cooker. Place the trivet in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Add the ears of corn: Place the corn on the cub on to the trivet.
- Cook: Place the lid on the pressure cooker. Lock the lid in place. Turn valve to “sealed.” Select “Pressure Cook,” or Manual HIGH. Set the time for 1-2 minutes — quick release.
- Serve: Serve corn on the cob immediately with salt, pepper, butter, or any of your favorite seasonings.
Mexican Street Corn:
Slather your cooked corn with a quick Mexican sauce to turn it into Mexican Street Corn:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
This sauce can also be used on potatoes or mixed into rice. It makes a great vegetable dip.
Corn on the cob is a perfect snack or side to your favorite entree. Add butter and salt, or dress it up for Mexican Street Corn.
How to Choose Corn on the Cob:
When choosing ears of corn, look for green husks tightly wrapped around the cob. Pull the husk back a bit and look for bright, plump kernels arranged tightly in rows. The silk should be a soft, moist, and pale golden color. The more silk inside the husk, the better the corn on the cob. Finally, flip the corn upside down and ensure the stalk is still green.
About the Mealthy Multipot:
This 6-quart programmable cooker has an easy-touch panel, features a sturdy lid with a precision pressure valve, a steamer basket that allows you to cook two items at once, and a raised steam rack that holds food 4cm above the bottom of the cooker. The large LCD screen shows you how long your food has left to cook. There’s also a handy delay start button, which means you can program it to start cooking when you want it to, without being around. Set it to start cooking when you go to bed, and you can wake up with a warm bowl of oatmeal all ready for you. You can even cook a cake in the Mealthy Multipot. In addition to the many recipes you already know can be found on Pinterest, Mealthy also has handy how-to instructional videos and recipes on their website and app.