Every high school AP and college student knows when it comes to finding books for advanced placement and college courses, prices for these books and course materials can break the bank. It always seems as though every class needs books, workbooks and companion books as well.
The students and parents in the know, have found that book rental can save you money; up to 70% and more! And, you don’t have the hassle of having to keep a book once you no longer need it. Return the rented books after the semester or finals.
This article can help you cut through some of the confusion around renting books and what’s involved in the process. We’ve also passed along some tips and useful information to save on textbooks and make your book rental process a little smoother.
Book Rental Resources
- BooksRun allows you to rent the books you need at nearly 70% off the purchase price and return them when you’re done.
- They even give you a 15-day extension to return your rental.
- Free shipping on all returns with the shipping label provided.
- Rental saves you from high ticket textbook prices that you won’t get back when you sell.
- The rental gurus at BooksRun know how fast you need your books and get them to you fast.
- Textbook rentals are flexible with your schools semester system. If you need more time, contact the site for help.
- Read a free eBook of your selected textbook while you wait for the bound version to be delivered.
- Access homework help and 24/7 tutoring online. The first 30 minutes are free!
- You have 21 days to return items if not satisfied; return shipping is free.
- Choose your own rental agreement and payment plan.
- Sneak a peek “inside” at certain textbooks to review.
- Various e-textbooks have 7-day free period for you try them out.
- You may be able to download a book to your reading app.
- Amazon Student or Prime members receive free two-day shipping.
- You can trade in old textbooks for Amazon gift cards.
CAMPUS BOOK RENTAL
- Rental is absolutely flexible for your school’s semester timing.
- Free shipping when you’re done with your books.
- Go ahead, write in the book. They don’t mind!
- Talk to a live person in customer service.
- Complete refund for returns within 21 days.
- Flexible rental terms for your semester with thousands of titles for as much as 90% purchase price.
- Return your books within 30 days for a full refund.
- Orders over $35 are free as well as all returns.
- You get your order in a reusable box for returns.
PRICE COMPARISON SITES
- Type in the ISBN and within seconds you get comparison quotes.
- The summarized list includes rental, purchase and selling prices. Print the list or email it to yourself!
- Rental periods are broken down into semesters, quarters or sessions.
- Select your rental and go directly to the site offering the book and check out.
- Add all the books you need for your bag and then run the rental price comparison.
- You get a listing of all the rental sites compared to BigWords.
- The comparison tool includes shipping, coupons and other promotion options in the pricing.
- You also get the links to stores with the best prices for immediate purchase.
The Last Chapter
As you can see, there is a lot to consider when you want to rent textbooks. Here are just a few final points to ponder:
- Don’t wait. Find out what books you need and order them as soon as possible to ensure better luck of getting what you need.
- Make sure you know how long you need to rent your books. Most sites follow your school’s course timing as well as make allowances for the extra time needed.
- Check out all the comparison tools BEFORE you pay for your rental.
- Be aware of all the return and refund policies in case you drop a class or order the wrong book.
- Find out if you can write or highlight in the book(s) you rent before you pay.
- Always keep your receipts for student aid or tax purposes.
There’s a lot to learn even before you get to class. Happy book renting!!