Spring..it’s the time for get-togethers that foster a friendship that carries us through the long days of summer.
There are picnics, reunions, and more.
We all have a signature dish. Perhaps it’s time to add a new one to your rotation.
What is better in life than Wine and Chocolate? Oreos, Wine, and Nutella all combined into a Cupcake, that’s what!
Check out Nuvino Wine’s newest recipe: Oreo Nuvino Wine Nutella Cupcakes.
- [b]For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Nuvino’s Red Blend Wine
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 10 Oreos
- For the filling:
- ½ cup Nutella
- 5 Oreos
- [b]For the frosting:[/b]
- 1 cup red wine, any kind you like
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 10 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Set aside.
- [b]The cupcakes:[/b]
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in Nutella and Nuvino’s Red Blend until evenly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place an Oreo cookie on the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Pour batter over each Oreo cookie and fill each cupcake liner about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- [b]The filling:[/b]
- In a ziplock bag, place the Oreos and use a mallet to crush the cookies into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine Nutella with crushed Oreos.
- Set aside.
- [b]The frosting:[/b]
- In a small saucepan, combine Nuvino’s Red Blend and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves and wine comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (until the liquid is reduced to about ¼ cup or a light syrup texture).
- Let to cool.
- Beat the butter until until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time), vanilla, and ¼ cup of prepared wine syrup.
- Beat until no lumps remain.
- Taste the frosting and add salt to cut the sweetness, if you prefer.
- [b]Assembling the cupcakes[/b]:
- Cut out the center of each cupcake with a sharp knife.
- Fill the cupcakes with Nutella & Oreo filling.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a decorative tip.
- Pipe frosting into a swirl on each cupcake.