It’s Friday Night, and MacKenzie is sharing how to make colorful slime with three simple ingredients, you probably have in your home right now.
It is so easy and reminded MacKenzie of our trip to Nickelodeon’s Punta Cana Resort.
This craft is brought to you by Softsoap.
Slime is incredibly beneficial for kids for so many reasons. Not only does it offer a fun, tactile sensory experience, it also promotes mindfulness, helps kids stay focused, encourages independent play, promotes fine motor skills and is calming. But with so many slimes available, how do parents know what is safe, and what is fun?
Make Colorful Slime with these Ingredients:
- 5 oz. liquid, clear drying glue (We used Elmer’s)
- 1/2 tsp. Borax
- 1 tsp. of warm water
- 1 cup of warm water
- Food coloring (colors of your choice), optional
- Craft Stick for Stirring
Make Colorful Slime Directions:
2. In a separate cup/container, combine borax and 1 cup water. Stir until the borax completely dissolves.
3. Pour borax-water mixture and glue mixture into a large bowl and begin to mix with your hands.
4. As the slime starts to thicken, don’t be afraid to keep mixing and get your hands dirty.
5. Remove the slime from the bowl and knead it with your hands until it is no longer sticky.
6. After playing with your gooey slime, wash up with Softsoap Wash Plus Lotion, to lock in moisture for clean, soft hands.