Sometimes, just for fun, we make a batch of mini-cheesecakes in the Instant Pot. I love the convenience. They are crustless, basic cheesecakes that allow each one to be customized to your craving. Top with fresh fruit, whipping cream, pie filling, compote, pudding, or they’re good enough to just consume plain.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Function and Time: Manual or Pressure Cook 8 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Release Method + Time: Natural Pressure Release 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
Instant Pot Mini Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
Instant Pot Mini Cheesecake Directions:
- Prepare Instant Pot: Pour 1-1/2 cups water into Instant pot and place trivet on the bottom.
- Prepare your batter: In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, and flour. Beat until creamy and well blended. Stir in vanilla and sour cream. Add one egg at a time and stir only until incorporated. Do not overbeat.
- Prepare your Jars: You will need 6 half-pint mason jars for this recipe. To each jar, add 1/2 cup batter. Loosely cover each jar with aluminum foil. Arrange three to four of the jars on the trivet. Stack the remaining jars on top of the bottom jars.
- Lock Lid. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place, making sure the valve is set to “sealing” position.
- Set the time. Press Manual or Pressure Cook and set the time for 8 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release. When time ends, allow a Natural Pressure Release for 15-minutes. Then quick release any remaining steam
- Remove jars from the pot: Open the Instant Pot and, using oven mitts, remove the jars from the Instant Pot and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool to room temperature and then place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish and serve. Garnish with choice of topping and serve.