Today’s Best Recipe is how to make CBD dog treats.
Learn how to make your own CBD dog treats.
Your pet and you will love all the benefits of this CBD Oil Dog Treats recipe.
There are many reasons why people have been giving their pets CBD-infused treats.
CBD is a compound derived from hemp.
It’s an ingredient commonly found in food and supplements and is believed to provide many medicinal properties and benefits.
There have been many studies done about the effects of CBD in dogs and they have shown that CBD may help decrease anxiety and other serious conditions.
Other potential health benefits include helping your dog sleep more, relieving joint pain, and increasing their appetite.
CBD is also believed to help alleviate stomach pain, reducing digestive distress.
Your pet will agree CBD Oil Dog Treats Are Better Than Store-Bought Goodies.
Benefits Of Making Your Own CBD Treats
Making your own CBD dog treats offers several benefits for both you and your furry companion:
- Control over Ingredients: When you make your own CBD dog treats, you have full control over the ingredients used. You can ensure that you are using high-quality, all-natural, and organic ingredients without any harmful additives, preservatives, or artificial flavors. This allows you to create a healthier and safer treat option for your dog.
- Tailored to Your Dog’s Needs: Every dog is unique, and their dietary requirements may vary. By making your own CBD dog treats, you can customize the recipe to suit your dog’s specific needs, preferences, and any dietary restrictions they may have.
- Freshness and Quality: Homemade treats are typically fresher compared to store-bought options that may have been sitting on shelves for extended periods. By making treats at home, you ensure they are at their peak quality and nutritional value.
- Avoid Harmful Ingredients: Some commercial CBD dog treats may contain questionable ingredients or CBD sources of uncertain origin. By making your own, you can be certain about the CBD oil used and avoid any potential harmful additives.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Making your own CBD dog treats can be more cost-effective in the long run, especially if your dog requires regular CBD supplementation. You can buy CBD oil in larger quantities and make treats in batches, saving money compared to purchasing individual pre-made treats.
- Bonding and Fun: Preparing treats for your furry friend can be a bonding experience and a fun activity for both you and your dog. Your dog will likely enjoy being in the kitchen with you while you bake, and they’ll eagerly anticipate the delicious treats you create.
- Dosage Control: With homemade CBD treats, you have control over the exact amount of CBD oil used in each treat. This allows you to adjust the dosage based on your dog’s specific needs and your veterinarian’s recommendations.
- Variety and Creativity: Making your own treats opens up a world of possibilities. You can experiment with different flavors, shapes, and sizes to keep things exciting for your dog and offer them a variety of delicious options.
- Health Benefits: CBD has the potential to offer various health benefits for dogs, such as reducing anxiety, alleviating pain, and supporting overall well-being. By making your own treats, you can incorporate CBD as part of your dog’s wellness routine in a palatable and enjoyable way.
Remember, before introducing CBD or any new ingredients into your dog’s diet, it’s essential to consult with your veterinarian to ensure it is safe and suitable for your specific pet.
CBD Peanut Butter and Apple Dog Treats
Servings: Makes several dozen treats (approximately one month’s supply, depending on dosage)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter (I use “natural” Skippy)
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil Extract (as recommended by your vet)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Before starting the preparation, ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the creamy peanut butter, old-fashioned oats, unsweetened applesauce, and coconut oil. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until you have a smooth and evenly combined mixture.
- Gradually add the whole wheat flour and baking powder to the mixture, stirring constantly to form a dough-like consistency. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour, but avoid making it too dry.
- At this point, you have two options for shaping the treats. You can either make small balls with the dough to create cookies, or you can roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of at least half an inch and use a cookie cutter to create fun shapes.
- Prepare a baking pan by lining it with wax or parchment paper to prevent the cookies from burning or sticking to the pan. Place the shaped treats on the lined pan, leaving some space between each treat.
- Bake the treats in the preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown and have a slightly firm texture. Keep a close eye on them to avoid overcooking.
- Once the baking time is complete, remove the pan from the oven and let the treats cool completely before proceeding to add CBD.
- After the treats have cooled, add a drop or two of Full Spectrum CBD Oil Extract to each cookie, depending on the recommended dosage provided by your veterinarian. Allow the CBD to absorb into the treats before giving them to your dog.
- This recipe will yield several dozen treats, providing you with a month’s supply, depending on your dog’s dosage. Be sure to store the treats in a moisture-free, airtight container, preferably in the refrigerator, to maintain their freshness and prevent staleness.
- It is essential to limit your dog’s treats to one or two per day, depending on their CBD dosage and dietary requirements.
- If you are unsure about the appropriate CBD dosage for your dog, consult with your dog’s veterinarian before administering the treats.
These homemade CBD Peanut Butter and Apple Dog Treats are a delightful and potentially beneficial addition to your furry friend’s diet. Enjoy making them and providing your dog with some wholesome and tasty treats!
Cooking with CBD is becoming increasingly common, as many people decide they should make their dog treats, so they know what their pet is taking.
So next time you’re looking for ways to bring joy back into your pet’s life, consider giving them some CBD dog treats.
This natural supplement is believed to have numerous health benefits.
They’ll be happier, and you’ll be happier as well.
The great news is that you don’t have to spend an exorbitant amount on expensive medication or other artificial supplements that might harm your pet.
With these natural dog supplements, they may feel better, look better, sleep better, and even act better than they did before.
Remember to consult with your veterinarian before changing your pet’s diet.
These are a perfect addition to this Barkcuterie Board.
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil Extract
- Before you begin, make sure you’re using all-natural ingredients and these ingredients don’t have any artificial flavors or chemicals added to them.
- One extremely dangerous ingredient that you should avoid is xylitol, as this sweetener can be fatal to your pet even in the smallest of doses.
- Before you begin, turn your oven on and let it preheat to 340 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil thoroughly in a bowl.
- Once you have these ingredients mixed, add the baking soda and flour while stirring constantly so these ingredients won’t clump up.
- Mix all the ingredients except the CBD until you get a dough-like substance. Keep in mind that you might need to make some adjustments and add additional flour or water if necessary.
- At this point, you have two options. You can either make small balls with your dough and make them into cookies or use a cookie cutter to cut your cookies into shapes. If you do the latter make sure your dough is at least half an inch thick.
- Before you put your cookies in the oven make sure you line your pan with wax or parchment paper. This will ensure that your cookies don’t burn or stick from the bottom. Once you have your pan lined, put the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes are over, take your pan out of your oven and let your treats cool. Once they’re cool, you can add the last ingredient which is CBD. You can simply put a drop or two (depending on your vet’s recommended dosage) on top of each cookie and let it absorb before giving the treat to your dog.
This recipe will make several dozen servings so you should have enough to give one treat to your dog for almost a month. Make sure you keep these treats in a moisture-free, airtight container so they won’t go bad or become stale. Limit your dog to one or two daily treats depending on their dosage. If you’re unsure of their dosage please talk to your dog’s veterinarian first.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
The Nutritional Information may not be accurate.