My love for Mexican flavors and dips inspires this Black Bean Avocado Dip recipe. I think beans offer a great base, whether pureed or whole. Avocado is one of my favorite fruits, and I think they give this dip good flavor, texture, and color.
This dip is great with chips or can be eaten as a salad of sorts.
Black beans, also called black turtle beans, are legumes that are very popular in Latin American cuisine. They are versatile, cholesterol free, high in fiber (15 grams per cooked cup), rich in protein (15.24 grams per cooked cup), and low in fat (less than a gram of fat per cooked cup). According to Medical News Today, Black beans offer many benefits to a diet, and this Black Bean Avocado Dip recipe is a great way to add them effortlessly.
Black Bean, Avocado Dip Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Canned Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Avocados, Diced
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Bunch of Scallions, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Medium Red Onion, Diced
- 5 Oz. Italian Dressing
Black Bean, Avocado Dip Recipe Directions:
- In a large bowl, place black beans, avocados, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, and red onion and toss with Italian dressing
This dip tastes even better with leftovers from this Cuban Black Bean recipe.