Step up your favorite Rice Krispies Treats with these easy Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats. They are so easy to make and so much fun to eat!
Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats Ingredients:
- 40 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- green food coloring
- 6 cups rice cereal
- Black or Dark Chocolate Frosting
- Candy eyes
Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats Directions:
- Line a 13×9 baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Over low heat, melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add Marshmallows and cook until melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add food coloring, 2 to 3 drops at a time, until desired shade of green is reached.
- Remove from heat
- Immediately stir in rice cereal. I do this 2-cups at a time.
- Once rice cereal is completely coated, spread cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread evenly with a rubber spatula, coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes until firm
- Use foil to lift treats from pan.
- Cut into 12 rectangles
- Using black icing, draw in hair, eyebrows, and mouth. You can add additional “stitches” to your liking.
- Add a dollop of icing and press candy eyes