Milkshakes are my cure-all. Making them at home is easy!
Here’s an old-fashioned milkshake–real ingredients, with a modern twist of flavor–BACON!
That’s right! I said it. Bacon. Everything goes well with bacon and this milkshake will have you wanting more!
4 Slices Maple Bacon, Thick Cut
1/8 cup Real Maple Syrup
1/2 cup whole milk
Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Place a row of brown sugar on cookie sheet. Lay a strip of bacon over each row. Coat bacon with more brown sugar on the top side.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees and cook until bacon is extra crispy.
- Allow bacon to cool and then turn two strips of bacon into crumbles. This will leave you two strips to garnish each shake.
- Use a spoon to gather some of the bacon grease from the cookie sheet the bacon was cooked on.
- Pour milk, maple syrup, a pinch of sea salt, your bacon crumbles and loads of vanilla ice-cream into the blender along with that big spoonful of bacon grease.
- Blend until creamy.
- Pour the shake into your class and garnish with whipped cream, drizzle with maple syrup and add a strip of candied bacon for garnish.
- Try adding a cooked pancake to the blender for a fun twist on this delicious shake!