The Slow Cooker Savory Apricot Glazed Chicken takes the beloved classic and simplifies it for a hands-off, flavorful experience. This dish has been cherished at family gatherings for years and is perfect for busy days when you want a delicious meal waiting for you.
Slow Cooker Savory Apricot Glazed Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4-6 hours (Slow Cooker)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup apricot preserves (240 ml)
- 1/4 cup French dressing (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chicken: Boneless chicken breasts ensure a tender and easy-to-shred result.
- Apricot Preserves: The sweet and fruity preserves add a delightful twist to the dish.
- French Dressing: Tangy French dressing complements the apricot preserves, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic and garlic powder contribute depth and aroma to the dish.
How to make Slow Cooker Savory Apricot Glazed Chicken
- Prepare the Slow Cooker:
- Place the boneless chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Make the Glaze:
- In a separate bowl, combine apricot preserves, French dressing, minced garlic, and garlic powder. Stir until well mixed.
- Coat the Chicken:
- Pour the apricot glaze mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker, ensuring all pieces are well-coated.
- Slow Cook:
- Cover the slow cooker and set it on the low heat setting.
- Cook for 4-6 hours. The chicken should become tender and infused with the flavorful glaze.
- Shred and Serve:
- Once the chicken is done, shred it using two forks.
- Serve the shredded chicken with the glaze, and consider serving it on buns for a delicious sandwich.
- For added depth of flavor, marinate the chicken in the glaze mixture for 30 minutes before placing it in the slow cooker.
- This dish pairs wonderfully with coleslaw and a side of crispy french fries.
Storage and Leftovers:
- Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
FAQs for Crockpot Apricot Glazed Chicken:
Q1: Can I use bone-in chicken for the slow cooker version?
A1: While boneless chicken breasts are recommended for even cooking, bone-in chicken can be used with adjusted cooking time, and it can add more flavor to the dish.
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Crockpot Apricot Glazed Chicken
- Easy Apricot Chicken
Enjoy the convenience of Slow Cooker Savory Apricot Glazed Chicken, a dish that marries the irresistible flavors of apricot preserves and French dressing, creating a memorable meal with minimal effort. Perfect for busy days!