ICE AGE: CONTINENTAL DRIFT – The Movie
“Ice Age: Continental Drift” is the fourth installment in the popular animated film series, “Ice Age.” Released in 2012, this family-friendly movie takes viewers on a hilarious adventure as they follow the beloved characters, including Manny the mammoth, Sid the sloth, and Diego the saber-toothed tiger, as they face the challenges of a shifting continent and a pesky group of pirates.
Plot: In this installment, our heroes find themselves separated from their families when the continents begin to drift apart. Sid, always the lovable and goofy character, embarks on his own journey. One of the memorable moments is the “Sid Shuffle,” a catchy dance sequence that Sid performs to entertain his fellow travelers and audiences alike.
The Sid Shuffle – Dance Like Sid!
Prep Time: No prep needed; just get ready to groove!
Servings: Unlimited fun for everyone!
- Get in the Sid Spirit: To perform the Sid Shuffle, channel your inner Sid – be goofy and carefree!
- Stance: Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms hanging loosely by your sides.
- Step One: Take a small step to the right with your right foot.
- Shake It Sid Style: As you step right, wiggle your hips and wave your right arm in the air, keeping your left arm still.
- Step Two: Bring your right foot back to the center.
- Now the Left Side: Take a small step to the left with your left foot.
- Shake It Again: Just like before, wiggle those hips and wave your left arm in the air, keeping your right arm still.
- Repeat and Groove: Keep repeating steps 3 to 7, moving right and left with your own goofy twist, just like Sid!
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. The Sid Shuffle is all about having fun.
- Feel free to add your own personal flair to the dance.
FAQs for the Sid Shuffle:
Q1: What music should I dance to? A1: You can dance to any upbeat and fun song that gets you in the mood. But if you want the authentic Sid experience, play “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge, the song featured in the movie.
Q2: Can I Sid Shuffle with friends? A2: Absolutely! The more, the merrier. Get your friends together and have a Sid Shuffle dance-off!
Q3: Can kids do the Sid Shuffle? A3: Of course! The Sid Shuffle is suitable for all ages. It’s a perfect way to get the whole family moving and laughing.
Alternate Names for the Sid Shuffle:
- Sloth Shuffle
- Ice Age Shuffle
- Sid’s Silly Dance
Be sure to catch the new Twentieth Century Fox Animation/ Blue Sky Studios ICE AGE: CONTINENTAL DRIFT in theaters on July 13th!
Scrat’s nutty pursuit of the cursed acorn, which he’s been after since the dawn of time, has world-changing consequences – a continental cataclysm that triggers the greatest adventure of all for Manny, Diego and Sid. In the wake of these upheavals, Sid reunites with his cantankerous Granny, and the herd encounters a ragtag menagerie of seafaring pirates determined to stop them from returning home.