This Prosciutto Pear Sandwich is easy to make and loaded with delicious flavors and textures.
Move over cheddar and white bread, there’s a sandwich in the kitchen. Sweet pear, salty prosciutto come together for one of the best sandwich combinations.
I have a confession, I’m not a sandwich person.
I attribute it to the fact that my mom worked away from home when I was growing up and I probably lived on sandwiches–my husband and I joke that if it isn’t a hot meal, I don’t consider it “good”.
That’s not really true.
I just don’t like sandwiches as much as my husband.
He LOVES sandwiches.
I gasp when we go out to eat and he orders a sandwich.
This pear and prosciutto sandwich is one we both can agree on.
Mix and match flavors for this amazing sandwich.*
Prosciutto Pear Sandwich
Prosciutto Pear Sandwich Ingredients:
1 cup halved dried figs, stems removed
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 tsp ground cloves
4 English muffins, split in half
8 slices prosciutto
2 medium pears, thinly sliced
Prosciutto Pear Sandwich Directions:
Place figs in a bowl and cover with cold water.
Allow figs to soak for two hours
Drain figs and place in the food processor with apple cider and cloves.
Blend, just until chunky.
Toast the English muffins until crisp.
Spread almond butter and fig jam on four of the muffin halves.
Top with prosciutto and pear slices
Cover with remaining English muffin halves
Add a slice of cheese (cheddar is delicious)!
Substitute apple cider with orange juice or grape juice for a different flavor.
Apples instead of pears.
- 1 cup halved dried figs, stems removed
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 4 English muffins, split in half
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- Place figs in a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Allow figs to soak for two hours
- Drain figs and place in the food processor with apple cider and cloves.
- Blend, just until chunky.
- Toast the English muffins until crisp.
- Spread almond butter and fig jam on four of the muffin halves.
- Top with prosciutto and pear slices
- Cover with remaining English muffin halves
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 1799mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 8gSugar: 30gProtein: 22g
The Nutritional Information may not be accurate.