Here are some fun facts to consider while eating that fluffy marshmallow Peep:
- That first Easter Peep that took 27 hours to create can now be created in just six minutes.
- Easter Peeps created in the back-room of the factory was done with pastry bags, and the eyes were hand painted. Today they are manufactured in a factory where 3,500 Peep eyes are created in one minute!
- There’s no right way to eat a Peep. Many eat them stale, frozen, roasted, microwaved and even as a pizza topping!
- Each Peep has 32 calories and 0 fat grams. A recommended serving is five-chicks!
- It wasn’t until 1995 when lavender was added. Before then Peeps only came in three colors: yellow, pink and white.
- In 1998 the company hatched blue Peeps for Easter.
- Yellow Peeps remain the most popular, followed by pink, lavender, blue and white.
- Peeps outsell jelly beans during Easter
- The Just Born Company also manufacturers Mike and Ike, Hot Tamales, Just Born Jelly Beans and Teenee Beanee Gourmet Jelly Beans.