This Chicken with Green Chile is not your standard chicken dish. Tender chicken smothered in a rich sauce of green chile and poblano peppers for a taste you’ll crave. It’s a one-pot meal in 30-minutes.
This dish is easy to make and offers delicious flavors.
It can be eaten as a soup (you may want to add 32 ounces of chicken broth at the end and use the saute button on the Instant Pot to heat), or shred the chicken and serve as tacos or as a filling for enchiladas. Heck, we like it just as it is for a meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Function and Time: Manual or Pressure Cook 15-minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Release Method + Time: Quick Release
Total Time: 30 minutes
Instant Pot Chicken and Green Chile Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 pounds chicken legs and thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 15 ounces Chile Verde
- 27 ounce can Roasted Poblano Peppers, drained
- 7 ounce jar chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Jalapenos, optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
Instant Pot Chicken and Green Chile Recipe Directions:
- Combine all ingredients. Add the chicken, Chile Verde, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Lock Lid and set time. Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place. Turn the valve to the sealing position. Press Manual or Pressure Cook and set the time for 15 minutes.
- Quick Release. When the timer beeps, Quick Release; keeping hands and face away from steam.
- Prepare Chicken and Serve. Once the steam is released, open the lid and remove the chicken pieces with tongs. Remove chicken from bones and discard bones and skin. Shred chicken with two forks, if desired. Add chicken back to sauce and stir.
This dish is delicious in a bowl as a soup, or serve over rice or noodles.
We love this with leftover Chile Verde.
When you’re finished, why not give your Instant Pot a deep clean with this guide.