The Beauty Queen took the good and bad from both her dad and me. This includes very mild eczema, which, thankfully, comes rarely. I had never seen eczema, so when she had an outbreak as an infant, I was crazy trying to figure out what the rash was. She’s adapted, though, never having had eczema, I don’t know that I truly understand the pain and irritation of it.
We’ve been using Dermarest Eczema Medicated Lotion and Moisturizer, and The Beauty Queen says it delivers instant relief from the itching. It offers 24-hour relief, and I love that it has no steroids in it. I noticed within 24 hours that the rash subsided and looked less icky.
Usually, The Beauty Queen’s eczema appears on her arms. We have only had one small outbreak since receiving the Dermarest products. We followed the directions and diligently applied the lotion where the outbreak occurred. The Beauty Queen sighed when we first applied it because it stopped the itching, and on our final evening application, she told me, “this stuff lets me be a kid.” She wasn’t having to itch or shake off the urge to; instead, she just joined the other kids and lived the day!
The Beauty Queen’s skin gets very dry during the colder weather months, while using the Dermarest Lotion, her skin was far more hydrated. It also contains zinc which has been known to heal the skin.
Here’s more information from the Dermarest website on both these products:
- Dermarest® Eczema Medicated Moisturizer has been created for eczema sufferers with highly sensitive skin who are seeking relief from itching and irritation without the use of steroids. NEW Dermarest® Eczema Medicated Moisturizer combines a steroid free itch reliever with a Super Moisturizing Zinc Complex to deliver the skin soothing benefits eczema sufferers need: Relieving severe itchy skin without steroids
- Providing intense moisturization and skin hydration to help protect skin barrier properties
- Improving skin appearance and comfort
The film forming gel seals in the ingredients for better penetration and longer lasting hydration to calm and treat the affected skin. It also shields out irritants that can aggravate the sensitive skin.
New Dermarest® Eczema Medicated Lotion now contains a specially formulated Moisture Boosting Zinc Complex™ developed specifically to meet the needs of eczema sufferers. Dermarest® Eczema Medicated Lotion provides the ultimate in relief of rough, dry, damaged eczematic skin. This unique combination of itch relief, anti-oxidants, skin softeners, emollients and pro-vitamin B5 work together to: Eliminate itchy skin
- Restore skin’s moisture and help prevent recurring dryness
- Help increase skin’s hydration
- Soothe and soften skin
- Help improve overall skin health
Dermarest® Eczema Lotion provides maximum strength itch relief, leaves skin soft and smooth AND is gentle enough to use on your face.
Since our experience has been for one small eczema outbreak, I encourage you to read others’ Testimonial found on the Dermarest website.
Dermarest products are available nationwide at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS, as well as online through Amazon.com.
- Relieves and helps prevent the recurrence of scalp itching, irritation, redness, flaking, and scaling due to psoriasis.
- Formulated with 3% salicylic acid and a unique zinc complex to treat and relieve the symptoms of psoriasis, This fragrance-free shampoo plus conditioner removes and controls scalp build-up, soothes irritation, eliminates itching, and restores moisture.
- Dermatologists tested and recognized by the National Psoriasis Foundation. When using this product, avoid contact with the eyes.
- For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a doctor; wet hair thoroughly, massage a liberal amount of product into the scalp, leave lather on for several minutes, and rinse thoroughly; repeat if needed
- Contains 2 packs of Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Shampoo and Conditioner, 8 ounces each; FSA/HSA eligible item in the USA
*I received Dermarest Eczema Medicated Moisturizer and Lotion in order to facilitate an honest review. The opinions expressed were my own and are in no way influenced by the sponsor. Other experiences may vary.