For those looking for a reason to celebrate, next on the calendar is Flag Day–I was had a mad crash on a boy born on Flag Day–and if that isn’t reason enough, June 14, also happens to be National Gin Day!
In celebration of all things June, fashionable straw designer Straw Envy offers this refreshing recipe to sip with style this holiday.
- Basil Cucumber Smash Recipe
- Basil & cucumber pair great with the earthy floral notes in gin, making for a refreshing & unique cocktail.
- Basil Cucumber Smash Recipe Ingredients
- 3 cucumber slices
- 3 basil leaves
- ½ tbsp of simple syrup
- 1 ounce gin of your choice
- lime juice (to taste)
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ cup club soda
- Basil Cucumber Smash Recipe Instructions
- Roll two basil leaves together, slicing them into smaller pieces.
- Add simple syrup to glass, along with 1 ounce of gin.
- Add two cucumber slices and two sliced basil leaves, muddle 5-10 times.
- Add lime juice to taste (about a teaspoon).
- Add ½ cup crushed ice and ½ cup club soda.
- Make a cut halfway through your last cucumber slice, placing it in the rim of the glass along with a basil leaf for garnish.
- Dress up your drink with Straw Envy and enjoy!
Each package of Straw Envy includes 2 decorative straws and a uniquely designed carrying case.
- BPA free plastic, safe for hot drinks
- FDA approved
- Carrying case is made of 100% cotton and machine washable
- Hand wash is recommended for the straws