A bathtub is a place of sanctuary. A place to relax, unwind and forget about the troubles of the day. Having the right elements for the perfect bath is key. Candles, dim lighting, soft music, and of course a back pillow. A back pillow may be one of the most underutilized elements in the bathtub. The right bath pillow provides support and comfort that allows you to truly enjoy the tranquility of the water. But where can you find the right back pillow for the bathtub? Here are the top five places to the right back pillow for the tub!
Everlasting Comfort is the go-to place to find all things comfort. With airplane pillows, oil diffusers, memory foam cushions, and humidifiers, they are experts on relaxation. The Everlasting Comfort Bathtub Pillow’s unique design provides rounded support to the neck, while the larger, lower cushions soft foam provides the perfect amount of comfort to the shoulders and back. The Mesh cover is breathable and removable to be easily cleaned. The bath pillow also has non-slip suction cups and a drying hook sewn in to allow for quick drying. A large side pocket allows for easy storage and access to all the things necessary for the perfect bath.
Bath Haven’s Luxurious Ergonomic Bath Pillow stands out from other bath pillows because of its unique design and shape. With its round and wave-stitched fabric, this bath pillow surrounds the neck, shoulders, and back to apply just the right about of pressure and comfort. The mesh, wave stitching allows for fast drying. It also comes with a drying hook and six suction cups to ensure the bath pillow stays secure. Another plus from this brand is that it comes with a washing bag to protect the pillow’s shape with the wash.
Gorilla Grip has two popular bathtub pillows: the Original Gorilla Grip Spa Bath Pillow and the Premium Gorilla Grip Spa Bath Pillow. As the brand name implies, one of the best features of these bath pillows is their suction cups that ensure the pillow will stay put. Both pillows have two panels that ensure neck, shoulder, and back support. The waterproof material is another plus. It also comes with a 10-year warranty! A downside to this brand from some consumers is the thickness of the pillow.
Grace & Stella
Grace & Stella has a great, simple, vegan bath pillow. With a beautiful floral design and made from vegan leather, this bath pillow is waterproof, easy to clean, and perfect for a relaxing bath. It comes with seven suction cups to ensure its securely in place. Because of its firm supportive material, it may be too thick for some.
AmazeFan has several bath pillows with great reviews. The best-reviewed bath pillow from this brand is the 4D Mesh Luxury Bath Pillow. With six suction cups that are made to curve to the shape of the tub, this bath pillow is referred to as a “gamechanger!” The 4D mesh material allows for ventilation and breathability. The butterfly-shaped pillow comes with large padding to support the neck and smaller curved padding to provide comfort against the hard surface of the tub. It is machine washable and comes with a built-in hook for drying and storage.
Tips to take a relaxing bath
- Ambiance! The appropriate lighting, sounds, and temperature of the room can set the mood for relaxing bathtime.
- Consider adding bath salts or oils! To add to the relaxing setting, consider adding Epsom salt, lavender oil, or sage.
- Have a bath pillow (Duh, right?) A pillow is vital to ensuring comfortability and relaxation in the tub.
- Stay Hydrated! Hot baths are known to make you sweat and dehydrate so keeping a glass of water handy will ensure you don’t become dehydrated. Especially if you are enjoying a glass of wine in the tub!
- Leave your phone out of the bathroom. Getting a phone call or responding to email is no way to unwind. Keeping your phone out of the room and shutting off from the outside world is the best way to relax during a bath.
Benefits of baths
- Baths are scientifically proven to improve your mood!
- Relieves muscles aches and pains
- Great for cold and flu symptoms!
- Burns calories
- Helps you sleep
- Improves heart health
Bath pillows are key to de-stress and truly enjoy time in the tub. These are the top five places to find the best bath pillow! Remember that design, material, and warranties are all important features to look for in the right brand of bath pillow.