Indulge in the delightful world of frostings with our incredibly simple yet irresistibly delicious Easy 3-Ingredient Strawberry Frosting. This delightful recipe is a perfect embodiment of convenience and taste, using only three readily available ingredients that are likely already sitting in your very own kitchen pantry! Say goodbye to complicated and time-consuming frosting recipes, as this one will become your new go-to favorite.
But what sets this frosting apart from the traditional buttercream varieties? It boasts a unique and delightful softness that will melt in your mouth with every luscious bite. Its light and airy texture make it a delightful addition to any baked treat, turning your ordinary cakes, cupcakes, and cookies into sublime masterpieces.
The delightful blush pink hue of this frosting is all thanks to the natural beauty of fresh strawberries. No artificial colors or flavors here! Not only does this add a pop of vibrant color to your desserts, but it also infuses them with a subtle, fruity essence that will leave everyone asking for more.
And let’s not forget about the flavor – it’s simply divine! The natural sweetness of the strawberries complements the frosting’s creamy texture, creating a balanced and heavenly taste that will win over hearts, young and old alike.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting on your culinary journey, this Easy 3-Ingredient Strawberry Frosting is foolproof and sure to impress. So why wait? Elevate your baking game to new heights and treat yourself and your loved ones to a delightful pink surprise that’s not just pleasing to the eyes but also utterly scrumptious. Get ready to embrace the compliments as you proudly present your beautifully adorned desserts, lovingly crafted with this delectable strawberry frosting. Enjoy a taste of pure bliss with each bite!
Easy 3 Ingredient Strawberry Frosting
It can be used on cakes, cupcakes, and as a filling.
This whipped strawberry frosting is best served the day it’s made.
I think it’s perfect for chocolate cupcakes or cake. What a match made in heaven–strawberries and chocolate.
If you’re a purist, you can always add a fourth ingredient, chunks of fresh strawberries!
If you’re short on time or just inherently lazy, like me, this easy 3-ingredient strawberry frosting is the fluffy, stable, whipped dream you’ve been searching for!
Again, just three ingredients. Strawberry pudding, Cool Whip, and milk.
I get it.
Jello in your frosting sounds weird.
Consider this: the sweetness and bright color of Jell-O change both its taste and appearance.
The other selling point here is that you aren’t just limited to an easy strawberry frosting!
Using Jell-O as a base flavor means that the varieties of Jello on the shelves only limit your frosting flavors.
You might want to check out our Pinterest Dessert Board for more great recipes like this easy frosting recipe.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Strawberry Frosting:
One more time, in case you blinked.
Easy Strawberry Pudding Frosting
Servings: This recipe yields enough frosting to generously cover a 9-inch round cake or frost approximately 12 cupcakes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 30 minutes (optional)
- 1 box (3.4 oz) strawberry instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip (frozen whipped topping), thawed
How to Make Easy Strawberry Frosting
Prepare the Strawberry Pudding Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberry instant pudding mix with one cup of cold whole milk.
Dissolve the Pudding Mix:
- Using a whisk or an electric mixer on low speed, blend the pudding mix and milk together until the pudding powder is completely dissolved, and the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
Fold in the Cool Whip:
- Gently fold the thawed Cool Whip into the prepared strawberry pudding mixture. Use a spatula or whisk to combine the two components, ensuring a smooth and fluffy frosting.
Optional: Refrigerate the Frosting (for a firmer consistency):
- If you prefer a slightly firmer frosting for easier piping and decorating, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the frosting for about 30 minutes. This step is optional but can be beneficial for more intricate frosting designs.
Transfer to a piping bag and have fun!!
Decorate Your Treats:
- Once the frosting has reached the desired consistency, transfer it to a piping bag fitted with your preferred decorating tip.
- Let your creativity flow and decorate your cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or any other baked treats with this luscious and easy strawberry pudding frosting.
Note: The frosting can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using refrigerated frosting, let it come to room temperature and give it a gentle stir to restore its smooth texture.
Easy Strawberry Frosting Tip:
While not necessary, chilling the metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 15 minutes before preparing the frosting can result in a stiffer frosting with peaks that hold their shape better during decorating.
However, keep in mind that this recipe uses instant pudding mix, not gelatin (jello). If you wish to experiment with gelatin-based frosting, you can try dissolving the gelatin in hot milk separately before incorporating it into the chilled bowl. The gelatin-based frosting may provide a slightly firmer texture, but it is entirely optional.
For the quickest and equally delicious results, you can confidently skip this step, creating a scrumptious frosting in just a few simple mixing steps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Easy Strawberry Pudding Frosting
1. Can I use a different flavor of pudding mix? Yes, you can experiment with different flavors of pudding mix to create a variety of frostings. While this recipe calls for strawberry instant pudding, feel free to try flavors like vanilla, chocolate, or even lemon for unique and delightful frosting options.
2. Can I use low-fat or non-fat milk instead of whole milk? While whole milk is recommended for a creamier and richer texture, you can use low-fat or non-fat milk if you prefer a lighter option. Keep in mind that the frosting’s consistency may vary slightly based on the milk you use.
3. Is it necessary to use Cool Whip, or can I substitute it with whipped cream? Using Cool Whip (frozen whipped topping) provides a stable and fluffy texture to the frosting. You can use whipped cream as a substitute, but it might result in a softer frosting that may not hold its shape as well for decorating.
4. How long can I store the frosting? You can store the strawberry pudding frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before using refrigerated frosting, let it come to room temperature and give it a gentle stir to restore its smooth texture.
5. Can I freeze the frosting for later use? While freezing the frosting is not recommended, you can prepare the frosting in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. Avoid freezing as the texture and consistency may be affected after thawing.
6. Can I tint the frosting with food coloring for a brighter color? Absolutely! If you desire a more vibrant pink color, you can add a few drops of red food coloring to achieve your preferred shade.
7. Is this frosting suitable for filling cakes as well? Yes, this strawberry pudding frosting can also be used as a filling between cake layers. It adds a burst of strawberry flavor and a lovely creamy texture to your cake creations.
8. Can I use this frosting for piping intricate designs? Yes, this frosting is suitable for piping various designs, but for more intricate decorations, you may want to refrigerate the frosting for about 30 minutes to achieve a slightly firmer consistency that holds its shape well during decorating.
9. Can I make this frosting ahead of time for a party or event? Yes, you can make the frosting ahead of time. Prepare it, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator. Before decorating, let it come to room temperature and give it a gentle stir to ensure a smooth consistency.
10. Can I use this frosting on no-bake desserts? Yes, this easy strawberry pudding frosting works wonderfully on no-bake desserts like parfaits, trifles, and icebox cakes. Its light and airy texture complement chilled desserts perfectly.
Remember, this fuss-free frosting recipe is versatile, delicious, and perfect for adding a delightful strawberry twist to your favorite baked treats! Enjoy exploring various uses and flavor combinations to make your desserts even more exciting!