This recipe is one of the highlights of the Hershey Hotel. It’s from Charlie Gipe, CEC AAC, Executive Chef of Hershey Entertainment
¼ cup garlic, chopped
2 cups onion, diced
½ cup olive oil
Juice of 4 whole lemons
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
8 cups ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar
4 cups Hershey’s chocolate syrup
1. In 5‐quart saucepot, cook garlic, onion and olive oil over medium heat until
onions are tender.
2. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika and hot pepper sauce; stirin and simmer
for 10 minutes.
3. Add ketchup, vinegar and chocolate syrup; stirin and simmerfor 15 minutes.
4. Simmer on low heat if serving immediately. Chill in refrigeratorfor serving later. Reheat on a low heat setting.
Latest posts by Julee (see all)
- Happy Chef Creating Culinary Moments with Flair - October 30, 2014
- Helpful Tips for Handling Your Toddler’s Teeth Grinding and Clenching - October 30, 2014
- A Stain Treatment that Works #DawnBeyondtheSink #DDDivas - October 29, 2014