As a new mom, I experienced so many wonderful women in my life. At the time I belonged to a church group and we would get together a couple times a month and discuss our family, help each other with stenciling and share recipes. I can’t remember who gave me this recipe, but I hope I thanked them profusely because it is a recipe I make often for my family.
- 2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- 2 cups chicken chunks, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broccoli, frozen, steamed and chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- red peppers, roasted and diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spread both cans of crescents length wise to form a long rectangle.
- Press each of the seams to form a single layer of dough.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, broccoli and mayonnaise and red peppers (optional)
- Spread mixture over the center of the croissant dough evenly to create a log.
- Using a sharp knife, cut horizontal strips 1 inch apart down each side of the crescent dough.
- Fold the dough strips over the top of the chicken mixture, alternating left and right to create a braid.
- Bake for 28 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
Latest posts by Julee (see all)
- Around the Table @MartinaMcBride a Celebration of Food - November 24, 2014
- Doggy Treats Made with REAL Snowflakes! - November 24, 2014
- Naughty or Nice: They’ll Love this Coal Filled Stocking! - November 24, 2014