Bake for Family Fun Month-a fun (and tasty!) treat
It’s a long weekend, thanks to President’s day and baking is something my kiddos and I enjoy doing together. Del Monte’s Very Cherry Mixed fruit is celebrating Bake for Family Fun Month and helping Moms everywhere discover ways to make more time for family and save money!
A combination of peaches, pears, and an extra dose of cherries, Very Cherry Mixed Fruit makes fruit crisp a snap, even when peaches and pears aren’t in season! Keep it cheap, healthy, and good with a Very Cherry Mixed Fruit Crisp (recipe below). Then you can take all that time and money you saved and enjoy this long weekend with the family!
DID YOU KNOW?:
- Peaches are a good source of vitamins A, B, and C. That’s good for your eyes, energy, and skin!
- Pears cause the fewest allergic reactions of all fruits
- Very Cherry is the most popular flavor of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
Very Cherry Mixed Fruit Crisp
Courtesy of Del Monte
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 cans (15 oz. each) Del Monte® Very Cherry Mixed Fruit, No Sugar Added,
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
Low-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream
1. Place fruit in 8×8-inch baking dish or pie plate.
2. Combine flour, sugar, oats, walnuts and cinnamon. Mix in butter until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over fruit.
3. Bake at 425°F, 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden. Serve with low-fat frozen yogurt or ice cream, if desired.
For more great recipe ideas and tips, visit solutions.delmonte.com!