Our pumpkin patch yielded about 8 great sized pumpkins this year. I love pumpkins as they are so versatile and baking with them is awesome. Now, USANA offers two seasonal drink recipes that include their great nutritionals for your body- including their Fibergy Plus and Vanilla Nutrimeal.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
· 2 cups milk or non-dairy alternative, such as soy milk
· 2 tablespoons canned or fresh pureed pumpkin (unsweetened)
· 2 tablespoons Truvia or sweetener of choice
· 1 scoop (about 2.5 Tbs) Vanilla Nutrimeal
· 1 tsp Fibergy Plus
· 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
· 2 shots of espresso (about 1/4 cup) or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee
Directions: In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sweetener and stir on medium heat until steaming (you can also microwave on high for 2 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in Nutrimeal, Fibergy, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice, then transfer to a blender and whirl for 15 seconds until foamy, then stir in espresso. If you don’t have a blender, whisk thoroughly with a wire whisk.
Optional: Top with light whipped cream if you’re feeling decadent and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over the top.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
· 1-1/4 cup cold water
· 3 Scoops Vanilla Nutrimeal
· 2 tsp Fibergy Plus
· 1/2 cup canned or fresh pureed pumpkin (unsweetened)
· 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
· 1 cup ice
Directions: Combine ingredients in a blender and whirl until smooth. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Optional: 2 tsp of Truvia or sweetener of choice
Fibergy Plus promotes good digesting health and is important to the maintenance of heart health and Vanilla Nutrimeal is low glycemic, meaning that the ingredients are formulated to produce only small fluctuations in blood glucose levels for sustained energy to keep you satisfied longer.
Each serving of Nutrimeal contains 8 grams of dietary fiber, which can help maintain a healthy heart and circulatory system.